Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mon 23 October, 2017 - 02:24 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Adding YouTube Clips

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Ok very unlike me to be starting nsomething in here but
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok very unlike me to be starting nsomething in here but  (Read 1034 times)
Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 07:10 am »

I've been sorta watching all the china/tibetian stuff
and hear people calling for a boycote on the games
and others sayting that it would be unfair as it would ony effect the ones going.
You know i sorta think big deal if it effects them,
i feel we should be making a stand
if they really wish to compete it can be sorted in
different places over the world (for godsake Bob Geldof organised live aid in a short time at low cost).Different countries could come up with venues to host different sports, it doesnt have to all be run in the same place.
It would effect china,and the fact they think that the games wont be boycoted because of the feeling of effecting atheletes they dont seen to care. I think countries should make a stand.

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
♦ snoopy ♥
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #1 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 08:00 am »

I agree with you Franky but all the major powers and even all other countries dont care in so much coz Tibet isnt 'strategic' for anyone but China.... which is a sad fact of reality...

I would hate to live in China....

♦ snoopy ♥
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #2 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 08:01 am »

Or Tibet for that matter...

Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #3 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 08:14 am »

i just think
okay yes a few thousand atherlets maybe wont get to compete for gold
or maybe not get to compete together
how many thousands of tibetians and chinese suffer
everyday because of china's  lack of human rights

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
♦ snoopy ♥
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #4 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 08:18 am »

I bet that the majority of NZ would agree, but nothin will be done......

Yes and stuff the atheletes....

But praps it should never have been selected as a venue in the first place??????

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #5 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 10:06 am »

I think it is great that it was chosen as a venue - so much easier to get away with nasty stuff if the rest of the world isn't watching, this way atleast, the profile gets lifted and you never know, if the rest of the world sees more of Chinas dirty washing, perhaps they'll clean it up a bit?

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #6 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 10:09 am »

i would say they only let cameras go to
selected places

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #7 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 10:43 am »

I don't think a lot of people realise how powerful China is becoming. Other countries are giving all the power to China...

*manufacturing of many products
*supply of food
*labour

and the ripple effect is that factories close in the other countries, labour skills are lost, and leaders have to be nice to China or they lose supply

the suppression of free speech is appalling, as is their treatment of the tibetian people.
It's such a pity that Hong Kong had to be handed back to them.

yeah, the olympic athletes should be able to boycott and make a statement - but then so should all the importers of goods take a stand, tourists should take a stand.....all at once would be blardy effective

and there is a big difference between having cultural tolerance for their practices and the outright cruelty in what they practice

I don't see the 'clean up' having a lasting effect because its for such a short space of time, and the beliefs are ingrained from centuries - we need long-term tough stands and loud voices

IMHO

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Cluzzfumble Footwad
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 12:15 pm »

Interesting... initially I couldn't believe China had been chosen as the venue for the Games.. with their history of human rights abuse, they don't seem to deserve the event.  But Collie is right.. how much of the current events would be in the news if it weren't for the games?

In saying that, I certainly hope that there are major peaceful protests, and that governments get involved.  China is now such a huge power that it is going to take a collective and continued effort to effect change, if it is possible at all.
Meggy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 02:43 pm »

I think that if the athletes don't agree with what China are doing to Tibet then they shouldn't go to the olympics other wise they should shut up and get on with it ....ie don't go and then speak out

***** I'm soooooo boring it's facinating *****
spanky
Supreme Loser

« Reply #10 on: Tue 25 March, 2008 - 04:01 pm »

I don't think a lot of people realise how powerful China is becoming. Other countries are giving all the power to China...

*manufacturing of many products
*supply of food
*labour

and the ripple effect is that factories close in the other countries, labour skills are lost, and leaders have to be nice to China or they lose supply

the suppression of free speech is appalling, as is their treatment of the tibetian people.
It's such a pity that Hong Kong had to be handed back to them.

yeah, the olympic athletes should be able to boycott and make a statement - but then so should all the importers of goods take a stand, tourists should take a stand.....all at once would be blardy effective

and there is a big difference between having cultural tolerance for their practices and the outright cruelty in what they practice

I don't see the 'clean up' having a lasting effect because its for such a short space of time, and the beliefs are ingrained from centuries - we need long-term tough stands and loud voices

IMHO

I am very wary of all things china, i had the whole situation likened to the spokes of a wheel. In almost every country around the world there is a china town. In each of the chinba towns there is some sort of community / dominance in that area, they dont interact a great deal with western people. They have small hubs of self protected space to themselves. How do we know what is really going on int hese areas... they are huge globally and whos to say that the intertwined hubs and the very closed door policy of their own country, how do we know what is happeneing.

With it vbeing such a regimented country in alot of ways, why have they let people leave to go live in other countries?? Is this all part of a global domination?? They very closed mouth bout their own affairs and countries human rights are all but non existant.... why let ppl leave to be in other countries?? And when they have left why do they not embrase the new life in the new country but prefer to stick with their own kind. Are they carefully sellected and sent out on position posting to help gleen enought information in order to be able to take over the world???

WHO KNOWS BUT SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT...

wonders if there lots of fish and chip shops in china
dab
Supreme Loser

« Reply #11 on: Thu 18 September, 2008 - 07:48 pm »

i just thought about a few things you have said there spanky.

it's true the chinese do 'keep to their own kind'....but this is a trait of many immigrants, chinese, korean, japanese, dutch, samoan, fijian, tongan etc...it's a natural thing.

i find it kinda hypocritical (not directed at spanky or anyone inparticular) that we go on about china's human rights issues when it wasn't so long ago that (and still happens today) they get treated like s**t here and in many other places throughout the world...and lets not forget the wests history on human rights...northern ireland is one, gautanamo (sp) bay....the poms and the yanks, germans all have terrible records for human rights...not many countries don't

and your right when you talk about the chinese spreading around the globe.  from the chinese i know they do embrace a new life..and they came here(and elsewhere) for a better life...thats just citizens.

when the chinese war machine decide to move and take control of the planet, then they will....and no one will be able stop them. there is good reason why there is only one time zone in china..and that time zone is centered in beijing...a continent that covers a massive area of the globe has one time zone!

the catch phrase for the games "One Way, One World" is no coincidence...that catch phrase has been ingrained in china's culture for 1000's of yrs....for good reason.

there is a road that has been built from beijing..it goes no where....except heads west.

« Last Edit: Thu 18 September, 2008 - 07:49 pm by dab » Logged
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #12 on: Thu 18 September, 2008 - 08:37 pm »

Anyone else noticed how quickly the media ignore the China issue once the Games circus left town?

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
dab
Supreme Loser

« Reply #13 on: Thu 18 September, 2008 - 08:42 pm »

yeah...and i think that cus the games were such a success and the chinese proved that they had what it takes to do an amazing job, that the media would only make bigger dicks of themselves for nit picking.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length