Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mon 11 December, 2017 - 08:49 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Unread Posts Since Your Last Visit

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Catwalk (Fashion)
| | |-+  bright long lasting permanent colours,blues reds purples
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bright long lasting permanent colours,blues reds purples  (Read 3684 times)
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« on: Mon 18 August, 2008 - 03:21 pm »

highly recomend manic panic hair colours and bleachs,theyre the best ive used and last with strong colour for ages,
spanky
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Mon 18 August, 2008 - 03:39 pm »

highly recomend manic panic hair colours and bleachs,theyre the best ive used and last with strong colour for ages,

any pics to show??? of colour used. and how hard are they to your hair??

I would buy the really pink one ive seen them on trademe. I get salon colours and have seen what fudge paintbox colours washout like and there pink is yuck when it fades.
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #2 on: Mon 18 August, 2008 - 08:40 pm »

i havnt the pics of myself to show but heres the link to the site,it shows the colour in peoples hair.
manic lasts for months and stays vibrant for ages.clik on the colour to c the pics

http://www.manicpanic.com/classic%20cream%20formula.html

i love the blue
spanky
Supreme Loser

« Reply #3 on: Tue 19 August, 2008 - 03:04 pm »

Yeah i had already been and had a look at the site yesterday before i posted. I love the violet and pinks, they look good in blonde hair i like the darker colours in dark hair..
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #4 on: Tue 19 August, 2008 - 06:28 pm »

i know i sound like an ad,but i fully love these products.if u buy them from satans toybox (christchurch website) u get ur 3rd order free.
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #5 on: Tue 19 August, 2008 - 06:36 pm »

aah its not satans toy box anymore its sinister boutique
spanky
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Tue 19 August, 2008 - 07:52 pm »

lol wonders if they have a shop... mite go have a look... i love shops like that love the draculars shop in surfers paradise.
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #7 on: Wed 20 August, 2008 - 12:01 pm »

heres their trademe listings,this is the shop i buy from and get deals.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=228580&from=fav&mcat=4798-
spanky
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Wed 20 August, 2008 - 10:08 pm »

thanks for that ive just been and had a look.
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #9 on: Sat 22 August, 2009 - 04:49 am »

Manic Panic & Affinage Tips n Tricks

Funky hair dyes (Manic Panic, Affinage) can be used to achieve intensely bright colours on hair that has been pre-lightened to a light blonde but may achieve a pastel colour on natural blonde hair. A strand test is recommended to verify color on your particular hair.

How do I Achieve a Bright, Bold Result?
Bleaching your hair first is a must! Try to get it down to the colour of the inside of a banana. Some colours can be forgiving but some colours will not work so well if you do not prepare your hair well. Even if you have blonde hair to start with you will still need to bleach first to open the hair up, but you will only need a low volume as you will not need to lighten your hair colour too much.

1. Bleach your hair
   2. Rinse / Shampoo (DO NOT USE CONDITIONER)
   3. Dry your hair
   4. Apply hair dye and leave in for a minimum of 3 hours (even better, leave it in over night)

Note: Bleaching is the key to the whole process. It is recommended you do the above steps in the same day.

What is the Best Way to Clean Up Afterwards?
Toothpaste and Jiff are great products to use to clean dye stains from bathroom porcelain and skin. It works surprisingly well if applied right away.

After Care Tips

* Rinse your hair with vinegar immediately after colouring. Vinegar is an acid commonly used in setting dyes. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water, comb through hair and let sit for a minute or two, rinse out thoroughly.

* Do not shampoo your hair for at least three days after applying the colour.

* Everytime you wash your hair with shampoo the colour will fade. Try shampooing less or invest in a colour friendly low pH shampoo.

* Styling products will also make the dye fade quicker. Be sure to choose products that have a low pH and are non-alcohol based products are recommended

* Add a little vinegar to your shampoo when washing your hair. It lowers the pH balance of the shampoo, which hair care pros say closes the cuticle of the hair and locks in colour.

* Add two tablespoons (more or less depending on your hair length) of Manic Panic hair colour to your conditioner after each shampoo. Leave it on three to five minutes and rinse it with warm water. This replenishes the color that was washed out.

Getting It Out

* A high pH level shampoo (for example Head and Shoulders Shampoo ... be sure to get the most potent) or a hot oil treatment will accelerate the removal of colour.

* To remove the last bit of residue or stain on the hair (or to get color out immediately) make up a small batch of bleach mixture and add it to 2 tablespoons or so of shampoo in a cup. Stir it up. Shampoo hair with this mixture, "kneading" the hair ... that means twirling the hair strand by strand in between your fingertips. Start at the root of the hair and work your way down to the end, and then back up. You should see the color disappear right before your eyes!

Return to main Tips n Tricks page
   Is bleaching before using Manic Panic dye necessary? If you want your hair to be bright as hell and last a long time, then YES!!! Remember this dye does not contain any lightening agents. So if you put blue on to brown hair, you should not expect it to come out as a vibrant blue … it will merely be darker and have subtle blue tints.

For those who do not wish to bleach their hair, you can still have Manic Panic hair!!! We suggest REDS (Vampire Red, Infra Red, Flaming, New Rose, Red Passion) to get best effects, as well as PURPLES (Purple Haze, Plum Passion, Deadly Nightshade) will be great on natural hair and give beautiful highlights.

MANIC PANIC LIGHTNING KIT INSTRUCTIONS
STRAND TEST
Bleaching results will depend on the condition and colour of your natural hair. A strand test is recommended to give you a better idea as to how long it will take to achieve the desired results (refer to the developing times below as a guideline) and to avoid any complications. Now we are ones to not bother with instructions, but in this instance it is highly recommended!!! Everyone’s hair is different so you need to work out what works for you.

1. Wearing the enclosed gloves, prepare the strand test mixture in the provided tub. Put ˝ teaspoon of powder with enough Flashlightning developer to make a creamy mixture.
2. Your hair should be clean and dry. Comb firmly back and pull one strand of hair from behind your ear for the test.
3. Apply mixture generously to strand, making sure the test strand does not touch the rest of your hair.
4. Check test strand every 10-15 minutes (be sure to refer below to developing times). To check results wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If your hair looks red or gold reapply mixture. When the strand is the same colour as the desired shade, proceed with full application.
5. Rinse off the test strand and towel dry your hair.
6. Discard any leftover mixture. Thoroughly rinse and dry the tub prior to actual application.

PREPARATION
1. Wearing the enclosed gloves, open the bleach bag and empty the contents into the provided tub. Avoid inhaling.
2. Gradually add the developer to the bleach powder in the tub. Using the brush, blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
3. Apply mixture immediately.

APPLICATION
Your hair should be clean and dry. Using the provided brush, apply the bleach mixture evenly to the hair you wish to bleach. All strands should be saturated.

DEVELOPING
Approximate times required to bring natural hair to a pale lemon yellow:

Natural Hair Colour

Approximate Time
 Light to Dark Blonde     20-60 minutes
 Light Brown     20-90 minutes
 Medium Brown     40-90 minutes
 Dark Brown     60-90 minutes

Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach. Bleach can process for about two hours if hair is resistant.

IMPORTANT

* It is always best to apply the bleach to the length of your hair before doing the portion closest to your scalp. This is because this part processes quicker due to the extra heat from your scalp, and because that if you have been dying your hair this is where the regrowth of your natural hair is.

* Be sure to use the pretty plastic cap and stay out of the sun when the bleach is processing. You may look ugly for a little while but the cap ensures the bleach does not dry out. Any parts that do dry will stop processing and will give you a multi-coloured result.

* NEVER apply bleach directly onto the scalp … because that just burns like crazy!!!
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #10 on: Thu 27 August, 2009 - 09:48 am »

I love the violet and pinks,

please get this picture of Mrs. Slocombe out of my head.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #11 on: Fri 28 August, 2009 - 07:11 pm »

who is that?
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #12 on: Fri 28 August, 2009 - 08:39 pm »

TV comedy ..   "are you being served?"
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #13 on: Fri 28 August, 2009 - 09:37 pm »

woah! ok,huh,wow
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #14 on: Fri 28 August, 2009 - 10:21 pm »

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #15 on: Fri 28 August, 2009 - 10:30 pm »

you see - brightly coloured hair has been around for a while now 

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #16 on: Fri 28 August, 2009 - 11:01 pm »

scary!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length