Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tue 19 December, 2017 - 07:26 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Catwalk (Fashion)
| | |-+  interesting blog post, obviously mistaken about the cheese though....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: interesting blog post, obviously mistaken about the cheese though....  (Read 945 times)
Brain
Buzzard

« on: Sun 27 September, 2009 - 01:35 pm »

KILL THE WIPES: HOW BIG BEAUTY IS RUINING TEENAGER’S SKIN
11 08 2009

Following is the advice I received from Janine Tait, the most honest,  passionate, informed and dedicated skincare guru I know.  This is a response to my request about how my niece should look after her skin … after all she’s only using innocent sounding “dove wipes”.  Thought Janine’s response was enlightening and deserved to be shared.  Spread the word (I can tell you how to get hold of Janine’s  ‘beauty oil’ and recipes if you’re interested).

Janine’s wisdom on teenage skin:

“Young teenagers are a highly targeted market for skin care companies and unfortunately, one of the most misinformed.  During puberty the oil glands
start to mature and this is compounded by the fact that the androgen (blokey ones) hormones ramp up to start producing under arm hair, etc and they cause the oil or sebum our skin produces to increase in volume and thicken.

This means young girls and boys start to develop little white blockages in the skin as the oil becomes trapped underneath.  Mum then runs out and buys
stripping, cleaning products (like facial wipes, the scourge of the beauty industry) because we assume we are not being ‘clean’ enough.

Unfortunately, this results in the loss of the acid mantle and this in turn results in the loss of water from the skin.  As you know yourself, when the
skin loses moisture it becomes tight and then, more likely to lock oil in.

The skin then becomes oversensitive and blotchy.

The best approach is to burn the wipes!!!!  Oops, I’m getting too worked up I think. Replace the wipes with a gentle cleanser.  Advise her to only
cleanse at night and soak with water in the morning.

Cut out cheese in the diet (very congesting for the skin) and limit chocolate, milo, sausages, mince, icecream and peanut butter.  The Bestow
Beauty Oil would be ideal.

Ideally her regime should be as follows:

AM:  Soak, Mist, Light moisturiser
PM:  Gentle Cleanse, Mist and a light moisturiser if she isn’t too oily.

Work from the inside.  Plenty of fibre and water.  Limit saturated fats, no cheese except for a little feta.  Bestow Oil – 1 Tbsp per day.”
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #1 on: Sun 27 September, 2009 - 02:02 pm »

Dove - with 1/4 moisturising cream...

and 3/4 cheese?

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #2 on: Sun 27 September, 2009 - 02:58 pm »

cheese is great for zits....what do you think that 'cheese in a can' is made of?

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #3 on: Sun 27 September, 2009 - 09:08 pm »

eek
Butterfly Angel
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #4 on: Sat 3 October, 2009 - 04:59 pm »

cheese is great for zits....what do you think that 'cheese in a can' is made of?

OMG I just had a vision of the spotty faced teenagers in factory production lines sitting there squeezing thier zits into jars, which are then packed and labled as "Cheese In A can".  Of course repeat the above but using sleazy men instead, who didnt bother to wash after last nights sex binge.
spanky
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Fri 9 October, 2009 - 05:17 pm »

Oh yum a cheesy snack....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length