Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Fri 20 October, 2017 - 03:17 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Unread Posts Since Your Last Visit

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Entertainment
| | |-+  Have you noticed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you noticed  (Read 860 times)
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« on: Sat 28 November, 2009 - 10:22 am »

a change in the races of actors chosen for high-ranking roles in both tv and film? I've noticed that a lot more African-Americans are put into roles such as police chiefs and the american president and other roles of high rank. Personally I don't care what colour their skin is, as long as they can act the part well.

But I wonder if its becoming too much of a PC thing now? Like its obligatory to put someone of minority race into such roles?
Certainly they've usually been thrown into stereotypical roles and its good to see that the industry is acknowledging they should be moving forward - but I wonder how the actors themselves feel about it all?

I remember in the old films when they didn't even cast real indians in those cowboy movies  or real negroes, but threw paint on a caucasians face 

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
IceQueen
Buzzard

« Reply #1 on: Sat 28 November, 2009 - 12:09 pm »

Yup have noticed. And yup remember when the white people were painted up to look black. It's not just in America though. Have noticed in NZ as well. Tis all good as long as they find and keep the balance, but most importantly they can ACT Smiley
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #2 on: Sat 28 November, 2009 - 12:15 pm »

star trek started that ... the ball rolls

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #3 on: Sat 28 November, 2009 - 12:33 pm »

I should have said its not just minority races, its women who have been bumped up too, like cops having female bosses these days.

I thinks its pretty much formulaic now that you are going to see a minority class in a position of power on the screen these days.

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
bournelegacy
>> Canned <<

« Reply #4 on: Sun 18 August, 2013 - 10:24 am »

And in the real world  Germany and France were again the invasion of Iraqi by the USA under Bushes. and back then the number one Rapper in the world was eminen (white) and the number  one golfer in the world was (Black) and now more white people live in tents all over america, and here in New Zealand, the work force maybe be a getting to a equal playing feild for women in higher honours but in the suburbs and especially after dark, it's a women's world
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Sun 18 August, 2013 - 02:02 pm »

Apparently, white men CAN jump.  eek

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
bournelegacy
>> Canned <<

« Reply #6 on: Thu 12 September, 2013 - 06:41 pm »

And in the real world  Germany and France were again the invasion of Iraqi by the USA under Bushes. and back then the number one Rapper in the world was eminen (white) and the number  one golfer in the world was (Black) and now more white people live in tents all over america, and here in New Zealand, the work force maybe be a getting to a equal playing feild for women in higher honours but in the suburbs and especially after dark, it's a women's world

I rest my case. lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length