Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sun 19 November, 2017 - 12:30 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Adding YouTube Clips

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Fun Stuff
| | |-+  and the award goes too
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: and the award goes too  (Read 605 times)
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« on: Thu 17 December, 2009 - 04:05 pm »

darwin award for the person who made this complaint

An RSPCA inspector investigating a cattle dog that reportedly had no food, no shelter and had been tied to the same spot for months found the deprived pooch was actually a concrete statue.

The incident is just one of several whacky customer service centre calls the Queensland RSPCA branch gets on a daily basis.

Another "hysterical" caller was so upset after seeing what appeared to be an injured blue tongue lizard at the end of their driveway that they didn't dare go near it.

On closer inspection, the RSPCA found the lizard was in fact a rolled up newspaper.

RSPCA spokesman Michael Beatty said another caller was distressed about a "tumour" hanging off the back of a sheep.

When an inspector attended, he found the "tumour" was, in fact, a tail.

"We once had multiple upset callers that had witnessed a maltese (dog) that had been hit by cars on the motorway," Mr Beatty said.

"When the ambulance was dispatched it turned out to be a very dirty and torn-up throw cushion."

Mr Beatty said caller pronunciation was also often a problem, citing examples such as "suburbian huskies" (siberian husky), "rockweilders" (rottweilers), and "woomeras" (weimaraner).
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #1 on: Thu 17 December, 2009 - 04:34 pm »

That's not a Darwin award, they're for people that are dead (by the process of natural selection) due to their own stupid actions, the more ridiculous, the better the award Afro
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #2 on: Thu 17 December, 2009 - 05:16 pm »

That's not a Darwin award, they're for people that are dead (by the process of natural selection) due to their own stupid actions, the more ridiculous, the better the award Afro
are you sure they have to be dead,cause on the darwin awards 2009 page they have awarded people still living but really stupid
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #3 on: Thu 17 December, 2009 - 05:21 pm »

Stu's right - the original meaning was that these people had removed themselves from the gene pool. But people have stated applying it a bit willy nilly, and including just stupid people

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #4 on: Thu 17 December, 2009 - 05:46 pm »

are you sure they have to be dead,cause on the darwin awards 2009 page they have awarded people still living but really stupid

Okay, not dead, but removed themselves from the gene pool, which is only death or sterilization
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #5 on: Thu 17 December, 2009 - 05:58 pm »

lol well it would make more sense,but seriously theres people still alive and well and reproducing on the darwin awards page,so i guess they are disqualified.
i wondered about that yesterday,was sure its was dead dumbies only but figured i must of been mistaken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length