Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mon 23 October, 2017 - 06:53 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Unread Posts Since Your Last Visit

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Catwalk (Fashion)
| | |-+  Like Raven - I am thinking about getting a hair cut.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Raven - I am thinking about getting a hair cut.  (Read 2690 times)
bytey
Supreme Loser

« on: Tue 23 February, 2010 - 12:21 am »

My hair gets cut maybe once a year if its lucky.

Im a wash n wear kind of girl so I dont spend hours styling my hair..in fact, I usually dont even brush it. I dont even tie my hair up unless its really hot.

I always have the same style - of varying lengths throughout the year, and sometimes varying shades of brown depending on the last time i dyed it.

I am tempted to put aside a large whack of money, go to a hair dresser and say "cut and colour please" and when they say "how" i want to say "you choose - long as its not short".

Bit scary though. I got a fringe a couple of years ago and that was f**kin annoying coz I had to train the thing to sit right...didnt take long before i let it grow out so i could ear tuck it.

Be interesting to see what they chose though eh

Id still probably end up with the same f**kin hair cut...the odd time i have ventured to ask for something diff i always end up with the exact same cut but of varying length which always grows out to exactly how it looks now 

PS: last hair cut was in about sept last year and i let mr bytey do it 
« Last Edit: Tue 23 February, 2010 - 12:21 am by Bytey » Logged
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #1 on: Tue 23 February, 2010 - 08:14 am »

I still haven't done anything with mine 

its down to my waist, but needs to be tied back pretty much all the time, so is pretty blah blah, still, its a harder decision than I thought. I am a wash-and-wear kinda girl too,don't want to have to fuss with it at all, and I've never found hairdressers to listen and interpret properly

although there was this one time I was adventurous, got it done purple (beugeolais [sp])with blond streaks - fab  yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #2 on: Tue 23 February, 2010 - 09:04 am »

I got my hair cut (tamed) last week.

I thought the hair dresser had done a really good job of removing its boffieness

Till Sugas daughter asked the waitress for some water and pointed and asked her to bring it to the table with the ladies, the one of which had the lady with the boffie blonde hair

eek

Damn

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #3 on: Tue 23 February, 2010 - 09:20 am »

Brought to you by dab Boffie the Vampire Slayer

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Wed 24 February, 2010 - 06:51 pm »

Brought to you by dab
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #5 on: Wed 24 February, 2010 - 06:57 pm »

having a haircut is up there on my cringe list of things to do - it never turns out as well as expected, and doesn't change anythiing in reality in the mirror

IceQueen
Buzzard

« Reply #6 on: Thu 25 February, 2010 - 09:37 am »

hmmm yes, haircut... due for one - but I'm so stingy when spending money on myself  eek 
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #7 on: Thu 25 February, 2010 - 10:48 am »

aren't most martyrs mothers?

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #8 on: Thu 25 February, 2010 - 07:27 pm »

nah gotta look after the mumma, makes her happier which makes the whole family happier 

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #9 on: Thu 25 February, 2010 - 10:07 pm »

yeah well, works in theory 

perhaps a Sinead O'Connor look over summer would be the way to go 

cylllyyy cylindra
Supreme Loser

« Reply #10 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 05:13 pm »

Go for it - some say that holding on to the same style with just a minor change re length year after year means you are holding onto the past.  If you are full throttle for what the future holds then do the drastic change. 

I am waiting until winter for my change haha - need to hold onto the past for a few more months.   yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ask a cylly question get a cylly answer.   cylllyyy cylindra
Butterfly Angel
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #11 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 05:28 pm »

Go for it - some say that holding on to the same style with just a minor change re length year after year means you are holding onto the past.  If you are full throttle for what the future holds then do the drastic change. 

Which is why I chopped mine off 
Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #12 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 06:45 pm »

i went from blonde to black... now im a dark chocolate brown lol

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different.
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #13 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 06:52 pm »

I really want to be purple, but am a blonde - would it work if I dyed my hair black first? 

Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #14 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 06:54 pm »

oooooh now that would work... mmmmmmm now u giving me ideas.... i was thinking dark chocolate brown with black chunky streaks gothy stlyz thru it.. but a cupla deep purply streaks against black mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different.
Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #15 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 06:58 pm »

but yeh it would take better to black hair than blonde if you gona go whole head purple...... or you can wait til your like ancient and get the blue rinse with a twist.

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #16 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 07:01 pm »

ignore old blue rinses

whenever I try and dye my hair purple it goes red and I don't like perma-dyes, prefer the wash out ones so you don't have that change growing out, except my hair holds dye really really well 

I would love to do something like black with pink streaks, or puple with pink or blonde streaks or whatever the mood takes 

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #17 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 08:20 pm »

but yeh it would take better to black hair than blonde if you gona go whole head purple...... or you can wait til your like ancient and get the blue rinse with a twist.

bollacks - blonde hair is far more porous - its soaks up dye like you wouldnt believe

eek   I know this.

Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #18 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 08:25 pm »

bollacks - blonde hair is far more porous - its soaks up dye like you wouldnt believe

eek   I know this.

But ye be more likely to get the colour purple on black than on blonde...as opposed to red or green.

Butterfly Angel
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #19 on: Sat 27 February, 2010 - 10:17 pm »

eek  I tried going Copper Blonde once and ended up fluorescent orange. 
bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #20 on: Sun 28 February, 2010 - 12:25 am »

I am waiting until winter for my change haha - need to hold onto the past for a few more months.   yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol nah its not that.

I have asked for some way different styles but for some reason they always come out looking the same.

When they are cut initially they look a bit different - I usually go from super long to something short...for me its about the maintenance. I dont even brush my hair so having to do it would be a pain.

In saying that I would like to see what th ehairdresser would give me if i gave them absolute freedom. and i need a cut so will def be doing it
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #21 on: Sun 28 February, 2010 - 09:35 am »

when I was in Oz the haircuts were way cheaper, wonder if thats still the case?

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #22 on: Sun 28 February, 2010 - 09:44 am »

eek   nope.

Got my hair prettied up for a wedding over in Perth a year or so back - bloody near choked to death at the price.

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #23 on: Sun 28 February, 2010 - 10:06 am »

I guess after 20 years things are different 

bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #24 on: Sun 28 February, 2010 - 12:35 pm »

I guess after 20 years things are different 
IceQueen
Buzzard

« Reply #25 on: Mon 1 March, 2010 - 10:20 am »

« Last Edit: Mon 1 March, 2010 - 10:22 am by scoobs » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length