Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wed 13 December, 2017 - 08:35 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Adding YouTube Clips

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Abortions
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortions  (Read 7693 times)
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #50 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 05:15 am »

Yes. Are you arbitrarily making up rules?

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #51 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 06:03 am »

No, I'm asking open-ended questions.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #52 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 07:08 am »

How about THIS for an open end?

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #53 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 08:42 am »

very appropriate for the topic

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #54 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 09:40 am »

I came out of my mum's

Every time I annoy her she says, 'Danny, you little sh*t!'

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #55 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 04:45 pm »

havent read the whole thread yet but yes the father should have a say
PINKY
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #56 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 05:01 pm »

I came out of my mum's

Every time I annoy her she says, 'Danny, you little sh*t!'

so you'r just a big poo
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #57 on: Fri 11 June, 2010 - 05:01 pm »

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #58 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 12:35 am »

The father of my youngest wanted me to have a termination because he was worried about how having a 'bastard' may effect any future relationships he had.

I showed him the door.  Get Out !!!

For myself, I could not terminate but every case has to be considered individually.
I know of women who have used termination as a form of contraceptive, others who have been in no fit mental state (before conceiving, to carry let alone deliver and parent a child) and were at risk of (self) harm via alcohol or drugs for example, to themselves and the foetus/baby.

The other side of this coin is childless couples waiting to adopt.

Much food for much thought.

A wise woman once said...
IceQueen
Buzzard

« Reply #59 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 12:49 am »

The father should be able to put his opinions and views across and the mother (assuming it's a reasonable relationship) should be able to sit down and listen to what he has to say. BUT ultimately, it's the women's choice. She's the one that has to do the hard yards, not him.

If the baby was conceived by rape/force, then hell no the father has NO rights to any opinions about the resulting baby.

Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #60 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 03:59 am »

She's the one that has to do the hard yards, not him.

so...you don't think that maybe being financially hammered for 18 years for an issue that could have been put right at a very early stage is 'hard yards'?

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #61 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 09:47 am »

not when they can just up and move to a country that doesn't have a reciprocating agreement, and get out of paying any of that money, as long as they realise they could never come back to NZ and are happy with that.

when it comes down to it, statistically, the woman for the most part gets lumped with full responsibility - and it doesn't stop when the child is 18 - once a parent, always a parent. the level just changes.

but i still say there are no definitive answers to this sort of debate 

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #62 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 09:50 am »

"lumped with full responsibility" ... don't they have some choice when it comes to having the landing lights on tho?

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #63 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 10:26 am »

accidents also happen.

I would be concerned over those women who, like bethane said, use abortion like birth control - now that is very irresponsible!

IceQueen
Buzzard

« Reply #64 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 07:24 pm »

She's the one that has to do the hard yards, not him.

so...you don't think that maybe being financially hammered for 18 years for an issue that could have been put right at a very early stage is 'hard yards'?

If they are involved and interacting with and actually parenting the child, then yes they are doing a part of the hard yards.

If the father says no you're not having an abortion, and then he pisses off leaving the mother to do both jobs for a lifetime then hmmm...... 
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #65 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 07:42 pm »

If the father says no you're not having an abortion, and then he pisses off leaving the mother

Can't say I've seen that often, but  i've seen plenty of men screwed over for kids that they never wanted to father and would have aborted if it was growing inside them......

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #66 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 10:55 pm »

that is why they call it a MATERNAL instinct.

men dont have it. 

and while I'm at it - perhaps those men should have been a tad more careful in the first bloody place, if all that wanted was sex.  Quick enough to dip their wicks so to speak. Generally they are smart enough to know what sex is really all about ie MAKING babies. 
« Last Edit: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 10:57 pm by Von Trip Trap » Logged

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #67 on: Tue 15 June, 2010 - 11:12 pm »

men dont have it.   

No we don't. Of course not. We just finance it.

I love my kids to bits, and any woman who thinks that all women are great parents is an idiot.

Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #68 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 11:11 am »

men dont have it. 

and while I'm at it - perhaps those men should have been a tad more careful in the first bloody place, if all that wanted was sex.  Quick enough to dip their wicks so to speak. Generally they are smart enough to know what sex is really all about ie MAKING babies. 

Ahhh ummm yeah men do.... i know some bloody fantastic fathers that are way way  better than the mother. I reckon its becoming more common for woman to have NO maternal instinct whatsoever...

and......................... sex aint just about making babies...yep its an end result if the "ingrediants" are unrestricted in their travels.......but hell for those who take all the precautions and care its about well.... SEX....and the fun, joy, beauty,workout,connection,mood stabiliser.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different.
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #69 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 11:12 am »

ingredients

Baby batter

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #70 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 01:23 pm »

men dont have it. 

Ahhh ummm yeah men do.... i know some bloody fantastic fathers that are way way  better than the mother. I reckon its becoming more common for woman to have NO maternal instinct whatsoever...

and......................... sex aint just about making babies...yep its an end result if the "ingrediants" are unrestricted in their travels.......but hell for those who take all the precautions and care its about well.... SEX....and the fun, joy, beauty,workout,connection,mood stabiliser.

was just my smart arse round about point was that paternal is not maternal. but if you really wanna get serious.... 

just quietly my hubby is a better parent than I am too.

Now, biologically speaking - sex IS about making babies - that is what it was designed for... just because we find it rather pleasurable, (or ought to be if done right,) is kinda beside the point or more to the point, to be totally cynical -ensures woman are stupid enough to fall for it, ie a few mins pleasure = 9 months hell which is finished off with another kind of hell thats just starting yet another kind of hell... and then they go and do the same stupid thing all over again

If one wants to simply dilly dally about then be bloody careful about the possible end results and abortions wouldnt be much of an issue in the first place.

(so says the lady whose first child beat three forms of contraception to come into being)

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #71 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 02:03 pm »

I have sometimes wondered when, why, and how our species verred away from the norm and actually began to have sex for its own sake instead of purely for procreation.

I have read that if a woman is on a diet that is such as it used to be (raw herbivorous foods) that she would only cycle once or twice a year, bringing our species back into line more like other mammals.

Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #72 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 02:31 pm »

was just my smart arse round about point was that paternal is not maternal. but if you really wanna get serious.... 

just quietly my hubby is a better parent than I am too.

[/quote]

Me disagree there my friend.... you guys are a fine example of teamwork. 

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different.
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #73 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 05:54 pm »

I have read that if a woman is on a diet that is such as it used to be (raw herbivorous foods) that she would only cycle once or twice a year, bringing our species back into line more like other mammals.

Bats**t crazy PMS wimmin  only once a year?

What are we waiting for? break out the celery!

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #74 on: Wed 16 June, 2010 - 06:20 pm »

watch all the 'women's product' manufacturers funding studies which tell a contrary story in such a hurry so their profit margins don't drop 

IceQueen
Buzzard

« Reply #75 on: Fri 18 June, 2010 - 10:25 am »

money makes the world go round da world go round da world go round
Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #76 on: Fri 18 June, 2010 - 01:43 pm »

watch all the 'women's product' manufacturers funding studies which tell a contrary story in such a hurry so their profit margins don't drop 

I wish they would get rid of that stupid beaver add to tell their current story!! i dunno if its sick humour or humour gone sick.

I mean for fuks sake.... what woman carrys her filange out there for the world to see ESPECIALLY when its ahhhh malaised shall we say. Coz thats what they imply....treat ya beaver like a princess and use their products. Let alone the animal cruelty side of things.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. lol. coz i know i get bad bad safe place visuals when i think that a beaver in the animal sense needs a tampon, or anything to do with a beaver and humans and hygiene.

Jericho
Supreme Mistress

i know nuffink

« Reply #77 on: Fri 18 June, 2010 - 01:44 pm »

oooop and very sorry Marwyn for jumping (leaping) off topic....forgot what thread i was in for a minute.

bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #78 on: Sat 19 June, 2010 - 01:44 pm »

Disagree with it being only the womans choice.

The woman might not want the baby, but the father might and he might want to raise it on his own if the mother doesn't ant it.IMO it should be a discussion between both parents resulting in the best possible outcome for everyone involed. (cases of rape excepted).,

I have a case in point but I cant be f**ked explaining it except to say, the mother wanted a termination and the father didn't.Went to go through it and ended up not going and now they have a beautiful child and the mother wouldn't change it for anything. There are other details but that's enough to get the gist.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length