Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mon 23 October, 2017 - 11:57 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Contact Details - Hiding your email

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Gaming
| | |-+  REVIEWS!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REVIEWS!  (Read 4686 times)
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 07:50 pm »

Feel free to post reviews of any games you have played in here! Platform doesn't matter (we ain't gameboi's here!), but please mention the one you played it on if it's a multi-platform release! (PC, PS2, PSP, PS3, XBOX 360 , Nintendo Gameboy or DS/Lite, Wii, etc)
« Last Edit: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 07:54 pm by Sam Owen » Logged

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

TR
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 07:53 pm »

hide the penis    

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh                             yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh                             yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh                                 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #2 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 07:55 pm »

Geeze louise

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #3 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 07:57 pm »

mistress franky and naught westy funs game... buts me cants give you a review, still havent finished the game

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
TR
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 07:59 pm »

i it was game we play at home sorry      

and the reviews are all good    

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh                             yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh                             yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh                                 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
TR
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:00 pm »

sorry i meant i thought it was games we played at home    

and the reviews are all good (and i found the penis in case u were wondering)                

Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #6 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:02 pm »

well thats a bonus hun you never wanna lose the hidin sausage

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
TR
Supreme Loser

« Reply #7 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:04 pm »

We cant have that now can we  

Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #8 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:06 pm »

well know, a lost sausage is a wasted sausage

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
TR
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:07 pm »

sorry sammy  

Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #10 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:08 pm »

me nots, it to easy, gots to be silly

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
Suga
Supreme Loser

bravery in the midst of adversity

« Reply #11 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:16 pm »

and i was going to post in the fishing thread asking if it was a "whos got the biggest penis" thread, but i think that might be in this thread 

Something's always coming you can hear it in the ground, It swells into the air
With the rising, Rising sound
And never comes but shakes the boards and rattles all the doors

What are we waiting for?
Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #12 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:18 pm »

penis   hell everything bloody funny tonights

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
silk stockings
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #13 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:31 pm »

Sammys Gaming's not even gonna last an hour    before R18

Someone post a penis 
dabetterhalf
Supreme Loser

« Reply #14 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:34 pm »

How much will ya pay me if i do it SS
silk stockings
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #15 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:35 pm »

How much will ya pay me if i do it SS

Just do it. Sammys face will be priceless 
Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #16 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:36 pm »

hmmm searches through pic's... now which one???

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
dabetterhalf
Supreme Loser

« Reply #17 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:38 pm »

hmmm searches through pic's... now which one???

The biggest one ....
silk stockings
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #18 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:39 pm »

Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #19 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:44 pm »

fecks wont let me

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #20 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:44 pm »

OI behave
dabetterhalf
Supreme Loser

« Reply #21 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:45 pm »

fecks wont let me

What ya mean it wont let you??????
silk stockings
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #22 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:46 pm »

UH OH

We just trying to liven sammys thread up Stu  
Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #23 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:47 pm »

something bouts uploads folder being full, finks me better figure thats one out

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
dabetterhalf
Supreme Loser

« Reply #24 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:53 pm »

something bouts uploads folder being full, finks me better figure thats one out

I think there was something in Q & A about it the other day
Franky
Supreme Loser

Westys wifie

« Reply #25 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 08:55 pm »

ta, go off have a lookie lookie

Blah Blah f**ken Blah
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #26 on: Sun 15 July, 2007 - 09:33 pm »

I am playing F.E.A.R. today, only bought it yesterday, so I can't write a full review. But it rocks so hard, I have to say something, even at this early stage.

First up, I'm a bit of an annoyingly nitpicky person, so no game ever 100% rings my bell, blows my horn, or has my socks rolling up and down, but if enough is right about it, I will recommend it enthusiastically.

F.E.A.R. stands for First Encounter Assault Recon, and is a FPS (first person shooter) port to the XBOX 360 from a PC game. It's about a special team of elite soldiers (of which you are one) "trained to deal with unusual situations", and in this instance they are "called in to confront a murderous force with paranormal abilities" (quotes from the jacket).

Yeah yeah, nothing really new in all this. If you're like me, you don't pay much attention to storylines in FPS's too much (perhaps that's why I kill my own team mates so often, oopie); but in this instance the storyline translates into some pretty freaky sh*t that happens to you, and some awesome as hell abilities that you possess to deal with them.

This is one of those games that you can spoil by giving too much away, so I'll only mention a few highlights and then get back to playing it myself.

Most of the time you are creeping about in very dark places with a flashlight that (annoyingly) only stays lit for about 30 seconds at a time, and then needs a few moments to recharge before being able to be used again. Along the way, you are haunted by vague nightmarish dream sequences that sneak up on you without warning; visions of a creepy-as-sh*t little longhaired girl like in The Ring, and also teams of nasty cloned soldiers who try and take you out.

One of the highlights of this game is the amazing AI of these soldiers. If you've ever played a FPS and wished you could shoot the designers for cheating you with moronic AI in both team mates and enemies, you're going to be too busy fighting for your life here to be able to spare a thought in that direction. These enemies will duck and roll to avoid your fire, work in co-operative teams to simultaneously pin you down and flank you, they will often kick over large objects to make their own shelter on the fly, and I have even seen one guy crawling under a leaning bookshelf to try and smoke my ass. Seriously, the AI here has some real I for a change!

Another cool as highlight is the ability you have (in short bursts) to move at hyper fast speed. This translates to everything about you slowing down, including the bullets from your weapons and theirs, which leave visible trails as they move slowly through the air. This ability is at times the only thing that can save you when faced by a horde of these clones, enabling you to take accurate headshots in all the mayhem and level the odds a bit in the fighting, as well as dodge their bullets, which you can clearly track in the air. You can only use this ability briefly, but it recharges quic kly, so if you use it sparingly, you will make the most of your chances in a shootout.

And one last highlight before I run all gangly limbed and Carryesque back to the game myself: the gunfights are real gunfights for a change! Bullets shatter glass, splinter wood, make pockmarks in concrete, and send fragments of all of the above up into the air to blind you and give a real frantic element to the battles. Sometimes it's so intense you really do end up cowering in a corner wanting your mummy.

Well, although this isn't a NEW game (I often buy late to avoid paying $120 for a game; my first car cost me $75, ffs!), from what I've seen it still ranks up there with any other FPS on the 360 so far.

Hope you get to try it!

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #27 on: Thu 19 July, 2007 - 08:26 pm »

F.E.A.R. Update.

Still working on this game, but wanted to stop and note a couple of things, one good, one a little annoying.

First of all, another positive comment regarding the enemy AI and their interaction with their environment. In too many FPS's, enemies have stock standard 'dying' animations, and pretty much stick to a handful of those as you assist them in shuffling forth from this mortal coil. Usually these death animations only have the smallest degree of interaction with the immediate surroundings, for example, someone dying close to a cliff or building edge will fall off. Not so in F.E.A.R! In one scene, we were in a warehouse and some kind of manual trolley jack was sitting in the corner, it's handle resting at a 45 degree angle. I dispatched a scumbag clone, who promptly flew backwards and impaled himself on the handle! WOO HOO! And in other scenes, clones will get hitched on a railing and die hanging limply in the air, and so on. A lot of trouble must have gone into ensuring that the dying animations take into consideration the immediate surroundings like that!

Which brings me to my second point, which disappoints me a little. After so much attention to detail in the above area (and others), a few little details are missing. For example, you can walk through puddles of liquid (like blood, after a big guinfight) and hear the squelching, but not see any footprints left behind you. FFS people, Duke Nukem 3D had that sewn up in the 90's!  Sigh ... oh well, guess you can't  have everything.

Back to the game tonight, and more on it later.
« Last Edit: Thu 19 July, 2007 - 08:27 pm by Sam Owen » Logged

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #28 on: Sat 21 July, 2007 - 12:47 pm »

Just bought 'Colin McCrae Dirt' (odd name, huh ). Will post a partial review soon as I get into it.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be sh*t eek
« Last Edit: Sat 21 July, 2007 - 12:50 pm by Sam Owen » Logged

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #29 on: Sat 21 July, 2007 - 09:15 pm »

That was a pun eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #30 on: Thu 11 October, 2007 - 06:57 am »

OK OK ... quick group review:

Got some titles for my new PSP, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the lot!

1. Daxter

Jak's little buddy goes it alone in a beautifully rendered 3D platformer. Awesome visuals and sound, great voice acting and it's easy to forget after awhile that you're on a handheld console. One of the best games for the PSP, and one that really showcases the little tyke's abilities.
Highly recommended! 9/10

2. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

All of the above comments are relevant here as well. Especially the part about being so easy to forget that you're playing a handheld iteration of a full sized console's title (not exactly, as Size Matters is only on PSP, but it's essentially the same experience as the first R&C titles on the PS2. Probably the funniest voice acting and cutscenes in any game, anda great romp throught the universe, planet by planet. Highly recommended! 9/10

3. Sega Rally

Not as serious as WRC, but for a handheld, who needs to get all navel-watchy? While some rally titles confuse themselves (and us!) trying to run the centre line between sim and arcade, Sega Rally for PSP is unabashedly a swipe at both, and carries it off admirably. Its bright colours may seem a little garish compared to the more muted tones of WRC Rally, it actually suits the smaller screen of the handheld console format perfectly, and the handling, while noticeably more user-friendly compared to WRC, still offers a challenge, rewarding persistence with the ability to master each car and setup.
The sound effects and music are excellent, and aspects like the damage you can cause on the tracks are awesome: if you or another driver strews broken fence pilings or the like on the track, they'll still be there to cause you grief on the next lap instead of simply vanishing like in some racing games.
Mud builds up in a lumpy and cartoony way on the vehicles, much more satisfying than simply throwing a brownish film over the model as is the case in most other rally titles.

All in all, I give this a 10/10 ... a great balance of all that a rally game can and should have in a handheld title!

If you are buying for yourself (or with Christmas coming up, for some little tyke in your life), consider some of these titles!

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #31 on: Thu 11 October, 2007 - 07:10 am »

Also: if you're buying for me, note I already have these games eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #32 on: Thu 11 October, 2007 - 07:25 am »

FFS - if you can;t take a friggen clue, Frankie ... eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #33 on: Sun 21 October, 2007 - 12:51 am »

Sega Rally vs DiRT

Well, I traded in Colin McCrae's Dirt and got Sega Rally (a new release) instead. Am I nuts? Not really, as there was a method to my madness.

It's pissing me off slightly that true sim games are getting hard to find. In order to retain their title as sim's, games like DiRT tout themselves as such, but in order to appeal to the broadest range of punters possible, rather dubious  arcadey elements have been sneaking in, resulting in a game that is annoyingly silly on one hand, and unnecessarily difficult on the other.

But Sega Rally has done the opposite. It's a true next-gen arcade rally game, and totally unashamed of its arcadey roots. The visuals are overly bright and colourful, the cars, though very faithfully modeled, never get a scratch on them. Jets fly over the tracks in the same formation in a sort of weird 80's flashback to the programmer's attempts to add interesting background detail, and the odd helicopter does the same. But all of these things are to be expected because Sega Rally is UPFRONT about it being arcadey in nature. So when the game adds some elements that would put a lot of recent attempts at rally sim to shame, they feel like added bonuses. For example: true track deformation, dirt that accumulates in 3D textures on the cars, as opposed to merely tinting the vehicle via a cheap 'dirty' modeling film, and fine details like being able to see background and track reflections in the small shiny emblems on the back of the cars as they race!

On the other hand, DiRT tries to come across all sim, but sneaks in annoyingly twee elements: cars sometimes bounce freakishly as the travel across the terrain, as if being filmed driving on the moon; amazingly idiotic gaffs occur in the voice over acting (co-driver: 'Smooooooth and steady ... I'm Mr. Smooth, you're Mr. Steady'), bloom is used more to cover inadequacies in the modeling as opposed to complimenting a great job of the same, and so on. When you have an arcade game (Sega Rally) that gives you sim-like elements almost as an afterthought, you feel like you've been gifted something. When you have paid for a sim and expected effort from the software company to make it a GOOD sim, only to find it blunted by mismatched arcadey elements, you feel a little ripped off.

So it's Sega Rally for me until a TRUE next-gen rally sim comes out.
« Last Edit: Sun 21 October, 2007 - 12:53 am by Sam Owen » Logged

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #34 on: Sun 21 October, 2007 - 01:09 am »

ALL THAT to say THIS:

If someone you love loves games, consider getting them Sega Rally for Christmas. It's a fun lil' title!!!

It's available for XBOX 360, PSP (I have both), PS 3 and PC.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #35 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 11:57 am »

WOW WOW fricken WOW.

Got Call Of Duty 4 the other day. It fricken ROCKS!

Among the graphical highlights are a much better use of lighting: self-shadowing on character models and rim-lighting (minds out of the gutter, please) so that people don't have to wind up the gamma in night scenes to be able to see anything. Now, as in real life, people don't only make shadows on the ground and walls behind them, they also make shadows on themselves (behind a hand or arm, etc) and in night scenes you might not be able to see the details, but your 'eyes' adjust to be able to make out the shapes of things and people, and notice movement.

Some of the intensity of battle in the mechanic is frighteningly real. Unlike earlier games where you bowled in gung ho and saved the day, you can spend 15 minutes pinned down by heavy fire, unable to make out where exactly to shoot to get a foothold on the enemy, and too scared to make a run for it because you're not sure which direction is AWAY from the fight and which will take you closer to it, and further from shelter. And then a grenade will bounce into your periphery ... ALL very tense. So: less fake heroics and more that feeling you get watching Saving Private Ryan: I want my mum, and I need a new pair of undies please.
As I've only just started playing it, the following downside is hearsay only, but apparently the single player component is woefully short. I guess many game companies are concentrating on the online components, figuring that is what will be keeping people using the game and extend its life (and therefore marketing value). But it's a shame if the single player component gets too little attention because not every gamer has access to online play, or always wants to be playing online. I hope a balance is kept in this department, even as online play becomes more popular and commonplace.

If you buy this for yourself or (Christmas time, people) for a loved one, I guarantee there will be NO disappointment!

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

sam
Supreme Master

« Reply #36 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 02:42 pm »

sam,

is it normandY??? airborne ??? or landings??

and its not the whole medal of honour one idiot taking on 100 krauts??

hopefully lots of team work
« Last Edit: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 02:45 pm by marett » Logged

"disco stu knows how too............."
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #37 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:21 pm »

sam,

is it normandY??? airborne ??? or landings??

and its not the whole medal of honour one idiot taking on 100 krauts??

hopefully lots of team work

Cause it's set in modern times, it's lotsa more Middle Eastern/Russian stuff. You're in teams and so far (just started) most of it has been on the ground, though I am now on a level where I'm in  a chopper with night vision raining death down on various baddies while trying NOT to hit a church. Someone in gaming says there's no vehicles in Multiplayer (unlike COD3) so I am holding my breath to find that out for myself.
Though actually, I'm not a huge fan of vehicle use anyhow. Will keep people posted as I work through the game.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

sam
Supreme Master

« Reply #38 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:25 pm »

ohhhh i see they have shifted away from ww2.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #39 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:26 pm »

Yupo! Been done to death, they say. So it's titled: Call Of Duty 4: MODERN WARFARE just for us gamers, so we don't get confused

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #40 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:28 pm »

And see: the company that did COD and COD2 (which were very well liked) have been working on COD 4 since 2 shipped. COD 3 was made by another company, and wasn't so well received. So in 4 you have the results of the best COD team working that extra bit longer on making an awesome game.
« Last Edit: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:29 pm by Sam Owen » Logged

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

sam
Supreme Master

« Reply #41 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:41 pm »

Yupo! Been done to death, they say. So it's titled: Call Of Duty 4: MODERN WARFARE just for us gamers, so we don't get confused

is it like socom?

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #42 on: Sun 11 November, 2007 - 04:46 pm »

Hmmm ... better than that. Imagine GRAW2 (minus all the crap covering the screen from the HUD) ...

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

dab
Supreme Loser

« Reply #43 on: Mon 12 November, 2007 - 11:53 am »

wats GRAW2?? & HUD?
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #44 on: Tue 13 November, 2007 - 07:07 am »

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, and Heads Up Display (which is in most first person shooters ... it's all the 'info' overlaying what you can see, from some supposed visor or summink).

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

dab
Supreme Loser

« Reply #45 on: Tue 13 November, 2007 - 12:09 pm »

aha! thanks.
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #46 on: Mon 4 February, 2008 - 12:42 pm »

OK. It's here: Burnout Paradise.
I seriously love this game so much that I can't tell you guys about it without little tears welling up in my eyes. To date, my fav car game has been Need For Speed Most Wanted, for reasons I whouldn't have to go into. Need For Speed Carbon and the Prostreet were vast disappointments, the series heading downhill faster than a canyon run sans brake fluid. Forza 2 lasted about 2 weeks in my house. Gotham City 4 is good, but only like 'not too bad' good. So it was with some tridation that I allowed myself to get my hopes up again.

Burnout Paradise.
The grapohics are stunning on this game. The 250 odd kms that you can free-roam through this city and the surrounding hills are so detailed, it's like watching a movie at times. You can see reflections of the passing scenery, not in the PAINT on your car, but the lacquer on the paint on your car.

And damage modelling?? Unreal - don't watch where you're driving and you can smash your car up to the firewall, making it about good for keeping your lunch in, and not much more.

Oops: my lunchbreak hath ended ... will add more from home:

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Cluzzfumble Footwad
Supreme Loser

« Reply #47 on: Mon 4 February, 2008 - 12:49 pm »

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #48 on: Mon 4 February, 2008 - 05:41 pm »

*shouldn't, oopie ^^^

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #49 on: Mon 4 February, 2008 - 05:42 pm »

and *trepidation .... can you tell I was typing fast that the tail end of lunch break?? eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length