Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thu 19 October, 2017 - 05:56 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Adding YouTube Clips

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Pike Mine Rescue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pike Mine Rescue  (Read 913 times)
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 12:14 am »

Lots of people getting frustrated with the lack of rescue effort on the wireless today.
Critisercizing the effort and the people organising it.
Lots of suggestions from Mr and Mrs Public about how the job could be better done.

I believe that the experts are doing the right thing - why put more lives at risk.
If those poor buggers in the mine have already died, why add more to that list.

The mud slinging has already started too about the safety and preparedness of the mine company for this sort of disaster.
How is that going to help now?
Except give the miners families more grief.

The focus at the moment should be on getting the miners out  and looking after their families. That's it.

Looked at another site tonight, where there are lots of self-appointed experts - well, maybe they should go down there and sort it out. They seem to think it's easy enough f**kwits.

A wise woman once said...
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #1 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 12:47 am »

I feel like critisercizing  some spelling eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #2 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 09:15 am »

Speeling misstakes

Oh deer.What dribble. How terribbil. 

A wise woman once said...
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #3 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 09:50 am »

eek ooOOOooh

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Re-instated Gov
Supreme Master

... off you go then. And don't forget my tea!

« Reply #4 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 11:35 am »

Let those who know what they are doing, do their jobs ...  The Police and poor Peter Whittall have taken a load of flack at this morning's press conference.  Much from the Ozzie media bastards.  My heart goes out to ALL involved.  I wouldn't want to walk in their shoes  Perhaps some of those who have critisized (sp? ) should go there right now, with the permission and backing of their families, sign a waiver re danger etc, and go in and do the damn job?!   I have to admit I'm so p****d off with the nay-sayers.  FFS until there is proof, can we please have some hope and, yes, perhaps even a few prayers. 

Thank you 
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #5 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 12:08 pm »

I think there's some miners that already want to go in. It's like back in the old days - often the miners themselves will risk their lives to go back in to get mates, coz it's what they would want them to do if the situation was reversed. Miners are like firemans - they have really longstanding traditions of an honour code thingy, and will risk everything to save their mates

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Meggy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 12:13 pm »

OSH has put a stop to men being heros and rescuing their mates , sadly

***** I'm soooooo boring it's facinating *****
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #7 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 12:15 pm »

It's hard ... those guys will feel like they're abandoning their friends, no matter how much they're told that they're not

I wondered why people would do such a risky job, then I read they can get like $60-70 grand a year. For someone with little skills on paper, and living in a small town, that's enough to buy a house outright and kinda set yourself up a bit. Can see the temptation to work a couple of years and then take it easy

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #8 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 12:25 pm »

quite so bethune, for those armchair experts out there is always the perfect solution, but i'm sure they wouldn't know where to begin if they were put in the middle of it.
The only question i have really is why didn't the mine rescue team go in straight away? the risk of explosion would have been practically zero immediately after the blast, so who made the decision to wait?
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #9 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 05:22 pm »

In situations like this, hard decisions have to be made. Those at the scene would have described the situation to rescue experts from other mining companies around the world, and acted on the 'best judgement' advice that they received.

Mining claims hundreds, maybe thousands of lives around the world every year. There is no such thing as a 'safe' underground coal mine. The only saving grace from this tragedy is that nobody died trying to rescue the victims.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
cylllyyy cylindra
Supreme Loser

« Reply #10 on: Wed 24 November, 2010 - 05:34 pm »

They would be in trouble if they did and it got worse and of course in trouble for not going due to safety issues - either way, they were not able to win.

I think it is best how it was handled.  Those decisions have saved lives as what if more were down there when the blast today happened.

Ask a cylly question get a cylly answer.   cylllyyy cylindra
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length