Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tue 12 December, 2017 - 07:27 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Sports and Recreation
| | |-+  RWC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RWC  (Read 31263 times)
snaz
Supreme Master

RWC
« on: Tue 17 May, 2011 - 12:03 pm »

Will holding the RWC event here in NZ put more strain on the ecomany than
what we already have?  After all its just a game.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #1 on: Tue 17 May, 2011 - 02:47 pm »

I don't think it will put a strain on the economy - with the price gouging going on with accommodation, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the overseas visitors will just choose to stay in Sydney or something, so we'll lose that income.  And the price gouging on the tickets will probably lead to small crowds, especially with them broadcasting some of the bigger games in 3D, why pay hundreds for tickets to sit in the cold with no commentary, when you could spend that money buying a 3D TV and watch it in the comfort of your own home with commentary.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #2 on: Tue 17 May, 2011 - 02:54 pm »

Holy f**k, look at the prices

http://www.ticketcity.com/rugby-tickets/rwc-2011-match-48-%28final%29-tickets-eden-park-october-23-900pm.html

cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #3 on: Tue 17 May, 2011 - 06:11 pm »

bugger that , we have bought tickets for the Dunedin games, they were about $130 each.
I doubt if I'll go but decided I may as well have the option.

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
snaz
Supreme Master

« Reply #4 on: Wed 18 May, 2011 - 09:15 am »

Sky TV keep offereng me some good deals if I contract to any of the Sports Channels.

Told them   where to go. 

RWC in centres that are hosting teams will show them just how
greedy NZ has become, it will tar NZ in the name of tourisim.

But hey that's thugby for you.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #5 on: Wed 18 May, 2011 - 09:56 am »

I'm a right-winger, and even I think many have become greedy over this, the ones that will suffer are the regular kiwi dad that wants to take their kids along to see an international match, there doesn't even seem to be a separate price for kids even.

But who knows, when the time comes they may be so desperate to sell tickets, they may put a realistic price on them
Re-instated Gov
Supreme Master

... off you go then. And don't forget my tea!

« Reply #6 on: Wed 18 May, 2011 - 10:13 am »

Tis a blatant show of just how greedy the corporates etc have become.  As with many many other sporting events, the dollar speaks and a wee country like NZ shouldn't even bother trying to host or be involved in anything this big.

Want to find out how much the tickets are for the next 'Saders game here.  Must go make that call  eek   Not a rugby fan but def support local team 
snaz
Supreme Master

« Reply #7 on: Wed 18 May, 2011 - 11:47 am »

I'm a right-winger, and even I think many have become greedy over this, the ones that will suffer are the regular kiwi dad that wants to take their kids along to see an international match, there doesn't even seem to be a separate price for kids even.

But who knows, when the time comes they may be so desperate to sell tickets, they may put a realistic price on them

That is so very true in every sence.   Greed is killing it for the regular family's that used to support Rugby.

Nothing beats going to footy and freezing ya bits off. Then all is forgiven when you take a mouthfull of a pie on the way home.

That is what Kiwi's do.   or is that DID?
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #8 on: Thu 26 May, 2011 - 04:25 pm »

got a letter from the local council today saying that 'cause I live within a "clean zone"
i.e. 500m in all directions of where RWC games will be played,
there will be restrictions on "advertising and commercial activities", in these "clean zones", on and around game dates.

They're sending out info packs.

Big Brother will be watching  :stalker: 

A wise woman once said...
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Thu 26 May, 2011 - 05:40 pm »

I hope that is the case and why not have deals for kiwi families?

There was talk of people staying in Sydney, attending games then returning to their accommodation in Sydney...good on them, that will also teach the greedy buggers!

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #10 on: Thu 26 May, 2011 - 06:56 pm »

the RWC is a total f**k up
them thats want go cant afford it.
thems that are coming wont pay the extortionate prices for accommodation
and 'refreshments' at the grounds.
the entity in charge of the RWC threatens to sue anyone who remotely mentions it
in any advertising if they haven't paid the fees.
you can't even mention it as an event that's happening whether you use it as a drawcard or not
in advertising! it's the unmentionable event!!
so we are left with day trippers who will pay for the ticket to the game/s they want
and have a holiday in the sun on the gold coast and get a cheap fare (on an aussie airline) to fly over for the day.
and they poor traders who thought they would get a windfall from the throngs of fans will end up out of pocket and the rest of the community will be under house arrest for daring to buy/sell a litre of milk while a rugby game is on.
add to that the fact the government has taken away games in the south island and withdrawn the possibility of a travel subsidy for anyone who had tickets for games that are now at the other end of the country...
you can see that this whole RWC has turned into a huge fiasco

and who gets a benefit from all this?
not joe public that's for sure!
« Last Edit: Thu 26 May, 2011 - 06:58 pm by JJ » Logged
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #11 on: Thu 26 May, 2011 - 09:38 pm »

If I cared that much about rugby, I'd watch it at home on the big screen, and see much more..
If I cared that much about the 'atmosphere', I'd spend less going to the sevens.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #12 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 06:50 pm »

So? In CHCH a million and half dollar tent and TV in centre of CHCH - Hmmm...reminds me of the lollypop Doctors give to kids after a jab - a quick sweet fix, but they still go home sore...

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #13 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 07:25 pm »

and who the hell is going to go sit in a temporary grandstand in a park in the rain to watch a rugby match on a big screen?

a waste of money 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #14 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 07:43 pm »

f**k sakes, how stupid
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #15 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 11:03 pm »

and who the hell is going to go sit in a temporary grandstand in a park in the rain to watch a rugby match on a big screen?

a waste of money 

Has Ken Ring predicted rain? eek

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #16 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 11:08 pm »

it's winter in christchurch
it rains whenever there is a rugby match
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #17 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 11:16 pm »

But the RWC in spring, does it rain in spring too whenever there is a rugby match?
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #18 on: Mon 30 May, 2011 - 11:17 pm »

spring showers every other day and twice during matches
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #19 on: Tue 31 May, 2011 - 01:44 am »

I prefer spring onions. Very nice with epicure.

bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #20 on: Sat 11 June, 2011 - 04:41 pm »

Is the govt going to give in to the IRB...and Fiji? The IRB seems pretty sure of itself.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #21 on: Sat 11 June, 2011 - 05:22 pm »

Running With Carrots!

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #22 on: Sun 12 June, 2011 - 06:25 pm »

After checking out Dunedin's new stadium yesterday I probably will go to one game just for the atmosphere,the stadium was very impressive.

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #23 on: Sun 12 June, 2011 - 06:50 pm »

Is it a place suitable for, I dunno, feeding Christians to lions?

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #24 on: Sun 12 June, 2011 - 08:00 pm »

Does the British Rugby team eat Christians?
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #25 on: Sun 12 June, 2011 - 08:02 pm »

After checking out Dunedin's new stadium yesterday I probably will go to one game just for the atmosphere,the stadium was very impressive.

saw it on the news, looks pretty flash, good job all round including the budget
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #26 on: Sun 12 June, 2011 - 08:04 pm »

Yeah we were a bit ho hum about it until we went and saw through it, should have a great atmosphere.

snaz
Supreme Master

« Reply #27 on: Mon 13 June, 2011 - 10:51 am »

If they put a Lid on our Cake tin ours would be like that One in Dunners
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #28 on: Wed 15 June, 2011 - 04:14 pm »

The $10 million taxpayers will spend hosting foreign leaders during the Rugby World Cup will include a $500,000 transport bill.

Foreign dignitaries will be put up in top hotels, given drivers and will be dined and entertained on the Government.

The $9,955,000 for the programme was outlined in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget.

Of that, $500,000 of that go to Ministerial Services for VIP transport services including wages and petrol costs.

Department of Internal Affairs chief executive Brendan Boyle said it would cover the extra transport costs for foreign heads of state, including bus hire.

"It's just actually operating costs for the vehicles."

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Britain's David Cameron and Russian leaders Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev are potential visitors, as are the Queen and princes William and Harry.

Invitations had been sent out but it was not clear how many foreign leaders would travel to New Zealand during the Rugby World Cup.

Work had been done on the value of those visitors coming to New Zealand, Boyle said.

"The value that it actually brings to the country in having high-profile visitors rubbing shoulders obviously, whether it's business people, community leaders and the spin-off benefits coming out of that."

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #29 on: Wed 15 June, 2011 - 05:14 pm »

"The value that it actually brings to the country in having high-profile visitors rubbing shoulders obviously, whether it's business people, community leaders and the spin-off benefits coming out of that."

I find it hard to see any benefits coming from it, sounds like a load of s**t to me, hopefully if any of them do decide to come, they decline bludging off the NZ Tax Payer and pay their own way
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #30 on: Thu 16 June, 2011 - 11:32 am »

some of the people that are rumored to be on the list have enough money to buy this country! why are we spending money, which the government is borrowing at an alarming rate, to entertain the worlds wealthy elite??

Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #31 on: Thu 16 June, 2011 - 07:53 pm »

Any sitting government would do the same. It's a massive opportunity for the minnows that run this country to swim briefly with the big fish,and they don't care how much of our money they spend on this rare privilege.

Not being a great fan of rugby, I can't remember where the last World Cup was held. I can't imagine that many people were greatly influenced by the standard of hospitality there.

As a side note, once the RWC circus has packed up and left town ,how are the serial complainers going to justify complaining about poor customer service? "I bought a mince pie at the service station, it was cold and the cashier didn't smile, we need to do better what with the Rugby World Cup and all" sounds lame enough, but how did these people function before they had the RWC to pin their hopes and expectations on?

TonyBlunt

« Reply #32 on: Tue 5 July, 2011 - 05:43 pm »

bugger that , we have bought tickets for the Dunedin games, they were about $130 each.
I doubt if I'll go but decided I may as well have the option.

I dont have a problem with the ticket price. Its the money grabbing that goes with it. Accommodation, food, drinks, all at inflated prices. You can almost bet the price of fuel will increase, just in time to capitalise on the 1000's of travellers that will be in our fair, although somewhat pricey, country.

Never mind. I can watch on TV, i should be grateful of that.
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #33 on: Wed 13 July, 2011 - 04:31 pm »

Now there's an All Black nappy as well...

Best get in quick eh...it's a limited edition

Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #34 on: Wed 13 July, 2011 - 05:27 pm »

They'll be heavily discounted after the Cup.

Anyone else seen the beer ad, where the guy saves his last beer 'for next time they win'?

He'll be saving it for a few more years yet.

bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #35 on: Thu 14 July, 2011 - 05:15 pm »

No...you cant take any furniture or car parts to RWC games, or weapons or gang regalia...

but also on the banned list is...

ya brolly and thermos eek

Because...?

snaz
Supreme Master

« Reply #36 on: Thu 14 July, 2011 - 06:24 pm »

Will they be supplying brolly's with advertising to the patrons.

I will need to take my flask to my drink.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #37 on: Fri 5 August, 2011 - 10:24 pm »

i'll be so glad when this nonsense is over and done with, if it's only so i don't have to hear that damn sky cameraman ad' with the screaming soldier 
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #38 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 12:47 am »

The new AB's top with it's pretty neckline and dinky wee collar would be more suited to an aeorboics competition than a rugby game.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #39 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 07:57 am »

Hehe...it does have some benefits though like...um... well you know.

received a glossy rugby ball shaped flyer in the mail telling how many tickets have been sold and prices of remaining tickets...I was thinking blow that I'm going to Oz for a holiday and watch it on TV over there - in the warm! or from the pool. Smiley

The flyers would have cost a fair amount, wonder if every household got one.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #40 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 08:51 am »

I live walking distance from Eden park. Can't wait til it's gone eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #41 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 10:48 am »

You can rent out your couch for $1,000 per night, so long as you don't eat them eek
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #42 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 04:04 pm »

Fark. ALWAYS a catch eek

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #43 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 04:26 pm »

The Prime Minister says that Adidas is wrong and overcharging for RWC souvenir shirts, but as far as everyday necessities like milk and petrol, it's up to the marketplace.....................?

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #44 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 05:02 pm »

it's a piece of cloth made in a chinese factory with a logo on it.
why do so many people want one?
and more to the point, are all the people bleating about the price of it
going to buy one at a cheaper price?
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #45 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 06:04 pm »

More people will buy it as the actually event gets nearer. Those who are pushing for a discount will point to increased sales as vindication.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #46 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 06:27 pm »

Fark. ALWAYS a catch eek

If you get the money up front you probably could, could cause an international incident though eek
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #47 on: Wed 10 August, 2011 - 07:00 pm »

Only if someone checks the jumbo bins outside

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #48 on: Thu 11 August, 2011 - 03:02 pm »

Don't forget to recycle eh.

Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #49 on: Thu 18 August, 2011 - 07:10 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/fan-central/5463929/NZRU-backs-Telecom-after-abstinence-saga

Good for the NZRU!  Another great example of loyalty to the almighty dollar!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length