Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sat 21 October, 2017 - 07:41 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Bad manners
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad manners  (Read 823 times)
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 05:49 pm »

Was in the postshop this arvo...chick in front of me answered her cellphone...chatting away...her turn at the counter...she handed over some paperwork to the woman behind the counter...then carried on talking on her cellphone

Woman behind the counter waiting for this chick to say what she wanted...people in line waiting for their turn...didn't sound like an earthshattering, urgent convo from this side...anyway, she finally told the woman what she wanted...then carried on talking.

She said to whoever on the phone..."I'm trying to do 2 things at once here"... I'm standing there thinking...'here's an idea   put ya farkin phone away'  

Dumb and rude

A wise woman once said...
cruzmode

« Reply #1 on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 05:51 pm »

gota love people like ay
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #2 on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 06:21 pm »

it would be more accurate if she'd said she was failing to do two things at once

Ecky Thump
Supreme Master

« Reply #3 on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 10:06 pm »

The person running the counter should have just said "Next"

"There's nowt wrong wi' owt what mitherin' clutterbucks don't barley grummit!"
Bilbos_Puppet
>> Attention Seeker <<

I'm a Ninja , That's why you can't see me.

« Reply #4 on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 11:09 pm »

Ive had that a few times at work, they carry on standing there talking on their cell, Im being polite and waiting till they are finished so I dont come across as rude so I can tell them how much their purchases were, people waiting in line giving ME a dirty look because they are having to wait.....Cant f**king win. 

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it. IMHO!
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 11:20 pm »

Very rude indeed,

What you could do if you were serving at a counter and that happens is ask the next person in line how you can help them, if the person on the phone takes offence. Just politely say, I'm sorry I thought you must be tied up in an important call and there are lots of people waiting for assistance. Then make sure your hands are below the counter and give her the fingers with one hand and the finger with the other...that should keep you smiling when really you just want to smack the biatch upside the head.  Angel

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Bilbos_Puppet
>> Attention Seeker <<

I'm a Ninja , That's why you can't see me.

« Reply #6 on: Fri 17 June, 2011 - 11:23 pm »

Very rude indeed,

What you could do if you were serving at a counter and that happens is ask the next person in line how you can help them, if the person on the phone takes offence. Just politely say, I'm sorry I thought you must be tied up in an important call and there are lots of people waiting for assistance. Then make sure your hands are below the counter and give her the fingers with one hand and the finger with the other...that should keep you smiling when really you just want to smack the biatch upside the head.  Angel

That would be rather funny but wouldnt work unless I save the persons transaction......

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it. IMHO!
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Sat 18 June, 2011 - 01:39 pm »

Cell phones turn a lot of people into inconsiderate c**ts, or brings out their inner inconsiderate c**t, some people think that their stupid conversations are the most important thing in the world
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #8 on: Sat 18 June, 2011 - 01:52 pm »

well ... ooo hang on...

Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #9 on: Sat 18 June, 2011 - 10:32 pm »

Cell phones turn a lot of people into inconsiderate c**ts, or brings out their inner inconsiderate c**t, some people think that their stupid conversations are the most important thing in the world

Try having a quiet smoko in a canteen with fifty people who think that their text ringtone is just the coolest thing you'll ever hear........

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #10 on: Sun 19 June, 2011 - 09:25 pm »

Pamela Stephenson was giving a talk in Dunedin last week.
She told the audience not to worry about turning their cell phones off .....but if they rang she would answer and tell the caller that the person was in the middle of a session with their sex therapist.
People rushed to turn their phones off 

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #11 on: Sun 19 June, 2011 - 09:44 pm »

When I was at uni, we had a lecturer that used to run and insist on answering peoples phones and talking to whoever called, only happened 2 times in class before everybody got the message to turn their cellphones off
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #12 on: Sun 19 June, 2011 - 09:48 pm »

When I was at uni, we had a lecturer that used to run and insist on answering peoples phones and talking to whoever called, only happened 2 times in class before everybody got the message to turn their cellphones off
Used to do the same in Language Scool. Same effect too

Me: 'Harrow? HARROW?? You ring-ee back in long long time, yes???' click.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length