Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sat 16 December, 2017 - 06:04 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: The Rules - updated 23/01/2012

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Sports and Recreation
| | |-+  Aussies want the Haka banned
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aussies want the Haka banned  (Read 1457 times)
Lux
Supreme Loser

« on: Sat 13 August, 2011 - 11:46 am »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2011/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=10744844

It has become the echo which follows each crashing Wallabies defeat - the haka should be banned because it gives the All Blacks an advantage over rivals.

The latest mouthpiece for the claim is Australian Fox Sports commentator Greg Martin, who claimed the haka gave the All Blacks an "unfair physical advantage".

"The whole game of rugby is about male dominance over another man, and they're yelling and screaming and threatening and you've to sit there and go: 'Umm, this'll be finished soon'," Martin said on The Rugby Club programme.

"What's so good about it? If you want to go see entertainment go to the theatre ... that's what it is; it's singing and dancing."

The Wallabies were soundly beaten by a dominant All Blacks side in last Saturday's Bledisloe Cup test in Auckland, losing 30-14.

Former All Black and Sky sports commentator Stu Wilson said Martin's claim had to be taken as what it was - a wind-up.

Wilson said Martin had shown his true feelings about New Zealand when he organised a charity rugby match which raised more than $600,000 for Christchurch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay who wants to kiss there boo-boos?

Anyway what I really think is this is a low Aussie psych out - They'll be in it to win it in regard to the RWC!

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #1 on: Sat 13 August, 2011 - 12:04 pm »

*their

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Sat 13 August, 2011 - 12:31 pm »

The haka should be left on the f**king marae with all the other bulls**t protocol.
I can't stand my country being known for some stupid stoneage dance which has no relevance in a modern society. I was disgusted when the first international round of the A1 GP cup had a bunch of darkies with vivid marker pen scribbled on their faces and their plastic grass skirts and fat man tits hanging out lurching around a race track surrounded by the peak of technology waving f**king sticks and poking their tongues out 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #3 on: Sat 13 August, 2011 - 12:53 pm »

Such a ray of sunshine! 

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Sat 13 August, 2011 - 12:55 pm »

*their

Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #5 on: Sun 14 August, 2011 - 04:52 pm »

Former All Black and Sky sports commentator Stu Wilson said Martin's claim had to be taken as what it was - a wind-up.

yup.....he's just  fishing

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Tue 16 August, 2011 - 02:06 am »

1. I am with bob, the haka just make us look like f**kin dickheads

2. I live in Oz and I havent seen any articles about aussies wanting the haka banned so how the f**k did you guys get it 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Tue 16 August, 2011 - 10:14 am »

1 aussie by the looks, hardly worth reporting which is probably why you guys didn't get it
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Tue 16 August, 2011 - 04:02 pm »

Fox Sports.

kinda like "The Crowd Goes Wild" giving their opinions on capital gains tax.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Bilbos_Puppet
>> Attention Seeker <<

I'm a Ninja , That's why you can't see me.

« Reply #9 on: Wed 17 August, 2011 - 08:33 am »

So they are blaming their loss on the haka?

Maybe just maybe they lost because they didnt perform to the best of their ability?

f**king pathetic excuse, why not just ban all national anthems from being played before the games?

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it. IMHO!
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #10 on: Wed 17 August, 2011 - 11:29 am »

I'd be keen for that too, they all sound like crap.
SexyEyes!
>> Canned <<

Skank, Slut, Ho, what else??

« Reply #11 on: Sat 24 September, 2011 - 03:39 pm »

australia needs to stop moaning. just because they sux. look when they lost to Ireland, crying about the ref been a kiwi? and they are crying about some goverment politician calling them cheats..
remove the national anthems ,
CrackerJack
Innocent

« Reply #12 on: Fri 30 September, 2011 - 09:35 pm »

I'm in Australia too. I haven't seen anything about wanting the haka banned either.
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #13 on: Sat 1 October, 2011 - 07:22 pm »

I'm in Australia too. I haven't seen anything about wanting the haka banned either.

best you read the article quoted at the top of the thread then.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length