Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Fri 15 December, 2017 - 09:36 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Unread Posts Since Your Last Visit

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Again...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Again...  (Read 1142 times)
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« on: Fri 4 November, 2011 - 11:36 pm »

...more fishermen having to be saved from the deep blue sea...no lifejackets, no ability to call for help when they got themselves in the s**t (1 of them stood up in the boat).
Hung onto a chillybin for 7 hours...got found by chance...otherwise they would've become fish food.

Mind you, they're BIG boys...plenty to go around

Again costing their rescuers and us more to save their sorry arses...should be fined at least
« Last Edit: Fri 4 November, 2011 - 11:38 pm by bethune » Logged

A wise woman once said...
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #1 on: Fri 4 November, 2011 - 11:47 pm »

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/11352813/pair-clung-to-chilly-bin-in-sea-seven-hrs/

at 57 and 71 they are old enough to know better.

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #2 on: Fri 4 November, 2011 - 11:54 pm »

Ta, for that.    Dont know how to post links.

I got a bit annoyed when I saw this, said to the person next to me..."they'll get a slap on the wrist and a PC lecture then it'll be off to rescue the next pair of f**kwits in a tin dingy, with no lifejackets, flares, or anyway of getting help...we're inundated with education all the time about safe outdoors stuff, so why still f**kwits in boats???

A wise woman once said...
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #3 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 07:52 am »

they're old and stuck in their ways, it's generally seen as a bit girly to wear a life-jacket with the overly macho type
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #4 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 02:43 pm »

That's part of it, I'm sure but the cost of good lifejackets is also a barrier. $100 a head spent on safety gear is a good long term investment, but short term it could make the difference between going fishing or not.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #5 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 05:38 pm »

just playing the odds, they got away with it for how many years...?

cylllyyy cylindra
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 08:15 pm »

When I use to do coast guard duty (volunteer), I was always amazed at those we had to help. 

Anyone can buy a boat 

Ask a cylly question get a cylly answer.   cylllyyy cylindra
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #7 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 08:46 pm »

it's your democratic right to be able to buy a boat and get into strife!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

shame it's not the same with planes

Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 10:19 pm »

When I use to do coast guard duty (volunteer), I was always amazed at those we had to help. 

Anyone can buy a boat 

Car drivers have been proving for years that passing a test and possessing a licence does not disbar everyone from making really bad decisions. Those who don't use common sense are hardly likely to change simply because someone tells them that they should have a licence.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #9 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 10:29 pm »

how many idiots still drive around without restraining their children properly?

Heaps of people do away with booster seats far too early and have 4 and 5 yr olds in an adult seat belt.  

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #10 on: Sat 5 November, 2011 - 10:33 pm »

If there were no idiots, there would be no 'reality tv'

What a nice thought.

cylllyyy cylindra
Supreme Loser

« Reply #11 on: Sun 6 November, 2011 - 10:24 am »

how many idiots still drive around without restraining their children properly?

Heaps of people do away with booster seats far too early and have 4 and 5 yr olds in an adult seat belt.  

My girlfriend who works at a daycare center told me that the other day when a mum came to pick up her sick son (under 2 years old).  They watched her go back to the car (police car - hubby is a cop), hop in the front with the toddler and drive off.  A seat belt for her but her son on her knee in a cop car.  Now I have respect for cops but not that one.   

Ask a cylly question get a cylly answer.   cylllyyy cylindra
Coach
Supreme Loser

« Reply #12 on: Sun 6 November, 2011 - 10:33 am »

Unfortunately, police cars are not generally equipped as taxis for new parents. In the event that a child gets sick, it's understandable that parents would want to deal with the issue promptly, and to be honest, in some cases, I think a kid is better off unrestrained in the car of a trained expert than restrained and at the mercy of a woman driver.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #13 on: Sun 6 November, 2011 - 10:48 am »

On the hand it is not illegal for young children to travel unrestrained in taxis, or buses. Something to think about.

That's out of it about the police car though...hmmm.

My son got his first fine at 1 year old, because the cops were checking cars WITH car seats, the one provided by Barnardos, that my son was in @ the time, was 3 weeks over it's use by limit - caregiver had to get another one and have proof that she'd changed it over within a certain time otherwise pay up.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #14 on: Sun 6 November, 2011 - 11:23 am »

Unfortunately, police cars are not generally equipped as taxis for new parents. In the event that a child gets sick, it's understandable that parents would want to deal with the issue promptly, and to be honest, in some cases, I think a kid is better off unrestrained in the car of a trained expert than restrained and at the mercy of a woman driver.

It doesn't matter how competent the driver is , it's the other drivers on the road that can cause problems.
What would happen to the child if someone pulled out suddenly in front of them, or ran a red light.
There's a good chance the child would have been flung through the windscreen.
If they had to take the child unrestrained the mum should have sat in the back with him.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #15 on: Sun 6 November, 2011 - 11:40 am »

Well said.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length