Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sat 16 December, 2017 - 04:27 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Contact Details - Hiding your email

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Where the hell...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where the hell...  (Read 1883 times)
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« on: Mon 12 March, 2012 - 10:59 pm »

do those striking...and now redundant...port workers get off stopping other workers getting into the ports and doing their job?
Who the hell do they think they are?
Bloody bullies...need to get real.
Not exactly a shining example of intellect...being led around by their nose rings by the union

A wise woman once said...
Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #1 on: Mon 12 March, 2012 - 11:30 pm »

Wouldn't you be pissed off if your employer decided that the agreed terms of your employment were too generous, and that you could be replaced by unskilled casual labour?

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Optimus
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Mon 12 March, 2012 - 11:48 pm »

case closed
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #3 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 12:16 am »

The question was...
where the hell...do those striking...and now redundant...port workers get off stopping other workers getting into the ports and doing their job?
Not exactly a shining example of intellect...being led around by their nose rings by the union

my employer replaces skilled (casual and/or permanent) labour with outside casual unskilled labour on an almost daily basis when numbers are down and the organisation can't fill the gaps.

bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #4 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 12:40 am »

...and (correct me if I'm wrong) weren't the workers the strikers were trying to keep out already employees of the port, both union and non-union?

The workers on strike made that decision...to go on strike. The workers who made the decision not to strike have the right to continue working. Simple.

Coach
Supreme Loser

internet grinch since 1998

« Reply #5 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 06:25 am »

The question was...
where the hell...do those striking...and now redundant...port workers get off stopping other workers getting into the ports and doing their job?

my employer replaces skilled (casual and/or permanent) labour with outside casual unskilled labour on an almost daily basis when numbers are down and the organisation can't fill the gaps.

Different proposition.

This is about trying to force workers out of secure full-time jobs into casual position, and then FIRING them for daring to want their negotiated conditions to continue.
Nice work, Ports of Auckland. Do you really believe that there's enough skilled stevedores willing to be treated like s**t to make this plan work?

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #6 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 07:11 am »

They're a bunch of thugs, even Willie Jackson was trying to incite violence yesterday - I saw an interview/discussion on Sunday morning between the ports boss and union boss, it's pretty understandable what the port are trying to achieve, i.e. compete with Tauranga where they do have the conditions Auckland is trying to achieve, reduce downtime of an average of 17 hours for every 40 hours which wasn't disputed by the union - and why the downtime?  Because they all want to have 9-5 hours on a 24 hour port and have ships arrive around their schedule.  The ports have guaranteed their hours at 160 / month, so it's about when they're working, not how much they're working.  Their conditions of work are changing, so they need to adapt or move on - a bit c**ty of them to try and stop others making a living, even people that don't work at the port, they have some 6'6 mullet haired big boot wearing menacing dickhead stopping all the cars, intimidating the office girls, they're losing sympathy fast, even from Lefty Len
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #7 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:38 am »

Staunch unionists always have a huge chip on their shoulder I've found and an axe to grind 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #8 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:44 am »

I really dislike unionists myself, I remember when I was a young man working in a factory they were a bunch of trouble makers, and generally the more involved with the union a coworker was, the slacker they were - see a dude walk off and sit in the toilet for half an hour when a truck came to unload, guarantee he's union affiliated.  Where I was working, we were working 8 hour shifts 5 days a week, the company came and offered us 3.5 days of 12 hour shifts to do those same 40 hours and with increased pay for it so they could run 7 days, most people loved the idea, a minority with union affiliation didn't and the union came in causing trouble over it, eventually the company decided to shift everything to Australia and make the majority in NZ redundant, then the s**t-stirring union affiliated c**ts were the first with their hands out for voluntary redundancies even though they got their way, and of course the company gave them priority to get rid of them
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #9 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:45 am »

prolly ingrained in their personality, and this is a good outlet for it  eek

BUT, if it wasn't for the early unionists, our working conditions would be far different 

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #10 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 10:19 am »

I'll give them that, they probably still do a lot of good(as an organisation, the individuals are generally pricks), but when they f**k up, they f**k up bad - where I was working there were a few old people that needed to work, and were just quietly working there until they retired, not much of a chance of getting another job, but were going to lose their jobs because of the union causing trouble I quit in the end and went to uni
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #11 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 04:40 pm »

perhaps part of the union's problem then, is that they only look at the big picture rather than individual needs?

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #12 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 05:13 pm »

Nope, I've had one on one help from my union a couple of times and they went well beyond my expectations but the same people in a large group situation I've watched verbally abuse the employer behind their back and try to incite anger and aggression towards the employers making wild and irrational claims about the business itself and those who run it. There is a very strong attitude of us against them prevalent among unionists.
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #13 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 05:57 pm »

so its like i said above? they are attracted to the cause because of their inherent desires.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #14 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 07:31 pm »

Me like cookies  eek
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #15 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 07:51 pm »

if you say you work at the Cookie Time cookie factory, i'll marry you 

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #16 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:11 pm »

Bugger.......bad luck for both of us 
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #17 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:17 pm »

hopes

dreams

dashed

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #18 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:50 pm »

Have you got a much younger sister   
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #19 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 08:56 pm »

how large is your.......

bank a/c?  Afro

cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #20 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 09:01 pm »

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
bethune
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #21 on: Tue 13 March, 2012 - 10:05 pm »

The non-union casual workers who are actually working the ports right now also have to apply for the new jobs.
The ones that were interviewed for Campbell Live tonight were a bit more 'foward thinking' than their non-unionist colleagues - happy to have a job at $30/hr and not into the bullying tactics of the union lot ( spitting, shoving and pissing on BBQ's).

Tauranga runs well on contracted stevedores - why not Ackl?

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #22 on: Thu 15 March, 2012 - 10:03 am »

how large is your.......

bank a/c?  Afro

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length