Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sat 21 October, 2017 - 02:17 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Gaming
| | |-+  Still The Best Handheld Gaming Console. Ever.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still The Best Handheld Gaming Console. Ever.  (Read 384 times)
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« on: Tue 18 September, 2012 - 02:38 pm »

I had a lot of hope for the PS Vita, but with what I've seen in stores, it's been quite disappointing. Ridiculous loading times are one of the worst things; those annoying little cards, and a lack of really quality games, as yet.

Before that came out, there was this really happy 'accident' in which the iPod had shaped into, not only a really capable MP3 player, but also the best handheld gaming console ever.

Sure, the Vita can play games that are a lot more complicated and involved, but the truth is that when it comes to gaming-on-the go, people are actually content to play simpler games, as long as you can cover issues like fun & addictive gameplay, fast load times, and variety. The choice of games that are available through iTunes hit all of these points, and as well, many are free or have extremely low prices. There are 1st person shooters, 3d car racing games platformers, word and board games ... pretty much any kind of video game you can imagine.

And now: the 5th Generation iPod Touch is here.

As well as all the benefits as the last gen, the new iPod has the  dual-core A5 chip from the iPad and has the same screen as the new iPhone. (How could they afford to do that? Apparently, keeping the exact same screen across these two products meant that they could get some sizable manufacturing discount through sheer volume, considering the projected sales across all the iterations of both the iPhone and iPod).

And finally they have ditched that ridiculous silver back which not only picked up fingerprints like $20 notes picked up by benes lying about the mall, you could literally see little scratches appearing before your eyes from the moment you unpacked it. Now they have a much more resilient anodized backing, which will make a lot of people really happy.

It also has the same camera as the iPhone 4 which is pretty awesome for an MP3 player.

Only thing that bugs me: Apart from the all-black model, ALL the different colours have a white-coloured front. To me it looks a little bit odd.

All that to say: if I have ONE hand-held gaming device, it will be this. That's sad, considering that it is only incidentally a gaming device; Sony has mucked about way too long and dropped the ball.

Specs and pics:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/pod-touch-hands-on-2012-video/

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length