Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tue 17 October, 2017 - 07:02 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: The Rules - updated 23/01/2012

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Lab (Moderator: Stu)
| | |-+  A cellphone dilemma
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A cellphone dilemma  (Read 424 times)
Lux
Supreme Loser

« on: Tue 24 September, 2013 - 11:30 pm »

Okay so I have an old LG with keypad which I love but which is nearly kaput - I need a new phone but I really want one with a keypad because I hate txting - the whole txting thing spins me out, only really use it to touch base with family during the day and friends - don't need all the fancy stuff that are on those modern phones - can I buy a new phone with a keypad? My kids are telling me no. I've looked at old LG's with keypads on trade me some are selling almost the same as a new phone. Not the expensive kinds but the basis kinds, I don't know what to do 

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #1 on: Tue 24 September, 2013 - 11:44 pm »

Of course you can, Warehouse Stationary often has phones with keypads for dirt cheap, dunno about LG's though, but you can get Nokia, Samsung and Huawai for cheap no frills, I'd recommend Nokia myself out of those brands

how about this one: http://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WSL-B2C-Site/en_NZ/-/NZD/ViewOfferDetail-Product?ProductUUID=OZkKBTFxM0cAAAFBBi0TMg34&CatalogCategoryID=uyIKBTFxjN0AAAE4TMQwfb6z&JumpTo=OfferList

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Tue 24 September, 2013 - 11:48 pm »

I think I meant keyboard - like a keyboard that comes out of the side.

Is that one? I'm techodumb, sorry.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #3 on: Tue 24 September, 2013 - 11:56 pm »

oh in that case, f**ked if I know

just get a smart phone, they have full keyboards and pretty good predictive text, my Samsung only requires you to type the first word then guesses the rest of the sentence, sometimes you may have to type the first letter but it's still pretty quick even if you're only having to type 1 letter per word
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Wed 25 September, 2013 - 12:01 am »

Bum. I may just have to buy one like my old one second hand because that's what I'm used to, I like to use two hands to type. Thanks for your input Stu, I think you're a pretty reliable source when it comes to all things techiefandangly. Cheers. Smiley
« Last Edit: Wed 25 September, 2013 - 12:02 am by Lux » Logged

Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Wed 25 September, 2013 - 12:03 am »

Geek.  eek
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Wed 25 September, 2013 - 12:08 am »

yeah that. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length