Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thu 19 October, 2017 - 05:56 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  The Colin Craig Thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Colin Craig Thread  (Read 1559 times)
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« on: Fri 13 December, 2013 - 06:54 am »

With policy outline like this as your opening foray now that he's a serious contender to being in parliament, he's going to need his own thread for all the weird s**t he's going to bring up, the politically amateurish comment about not being sure about man walking on the moon shows he's going to deliver a few choice sound bites for the media who are going to be pushing him for more of that stuff  

Colin Craig says the Conservative Party won't be pushing for the repeal of the gay marriage law or legalised prostitution after next year's election, but would try to get the anti-smacking law overturned.

The party's position is that such issues should be decided by referendum. The smacking issue had been put to a referendum but the gay marriage issue and legalising prostitution had not.

"Until we have had referendums on those other two, I can't see how we can overrule the conscience vote in Parliament.

"The real mandate to change those things has to come from the people," Mr Craig told the Herald.

The 2009 referendum asking should a smack "as part of good parental correction be a criminal offence in New Zealand" resulted in a 56.09 per cent turnout with 87.4 per cent saying no.

It was a response to a 2007 act which abolished the use of reasonable force by parents as justification for disciplining children, although police have the discretion not to prosecute in the use of force against a child when it is considered to be so inconsequential that there is no public interest in prosecuting.

"I do think there is a mandate from the people to change that and I do think that is something we could reasonably ask for a change."

Mr Craig said the smacking law was clearly not working because child abuse rates had not gone down.

On the questions of same-sex marriage, he said it would be "rather naive to think you are going to change the redefinition of marriage" given the overwhelming vote in the House on it in April, with 77 votes in favour and 44 against.

"The only way it would change is if it went to a referendum of New Zealanders and they said by clear majority 'change it'."

The law legalising prostitution was passed in 2003. A petition to force a citizens' initiated referendum was begun by two former United Future MPs and now Conservative Party members, Larry Baldock and Gordon Copeland, but they failed to get the requisite number of signatures.

Why do christians always want to be able to smack their kids , they've got that sort of fanaticism about it like americans have with their gun rights
« Last Edit: Fri 13 December, 2013 - 06:55 am by Mr Nice Guy » Logged
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Fri 13 December, 2013 - 11:28 am »

The reason the no smacking bill came into place was so that people who physically abused their children could not get off the charge by saying they were discplining there kids within their rights - or that they didn't mean to systematically torture their child until death, but unfortunately that was the result of them disciplining their child.

Not that they were murdering aholeswho couldn't give a damn about unwanted baggage.

So the Christian thing to do in this respect is grin and bear it - let those that are abusers pay for their abuse.

and trust that God will forgive you and look out for you should you as a non abuser smack your child and get cartered off to prison - makes sense to me Smiley

Obviously this party is looking for something which interests a fair majority - those who are just a bit too thick to understand the bill and the real implications of it.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Fri 13 December, 2013 - 07:01 pm »

Never heard of the :c**t:

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #3 on: Fri 13 December, 2013 - 07:09 pm »

Coz you're deaf  :c**t:
Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Fri 13 December, 2013 - 07:11 pm »

But I'm not Blind.  eek
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 11:45 am »

Heard of him now though 

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 12:20 pm »

Makes my skin crawl he's a non funny version of Frank Spencer. *shudder*

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 12:36 pm »

Jon Bridges was on TV3 this morning, he thinks a lot of us think, that Colin Craig is an alien and he's doing this dodgy stuff to try and convince humans that he's one of them
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #8 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 12:48 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty sure CC used the phrase I'm only human too
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 12:57 pm »

There's the giveaway  eek
Francey
Supreme Master

A real man doesn't stir the porridge....

« Reply #10 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 01:11 pm »

Hmm C C country collie...... colin craig...................

The most powerful being in the universe is undetectable,yet we can measure the weight of an electron?..........
Weevilgenius
Supreme Loser

Aka Snowpee

« Reply #11 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 01:21 pm »

The Schizzle
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #12 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 01:54 pm »

Hmmmm, they do both have invisible friends 
Francey
Supreme Master

A real man doesn't stir the porridge....

« Reply #13 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 02:46 pm »

Both airy fairies..... Angel

The most powerful being in the universe is undetectable,yet we can measure the weight of an electron?..........
Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #14 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 08:04 pm »

It's kinda funny that he unloaded $4 million of his own money to start the party and now it's all gone Monica Lewinsky on him. 
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #15 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 08:15 pm »

Not even a cigar to remember the good times 
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #16 on: Tue 23 June, 2015 - 09:09 pm »

he's a creep

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #17 on: Wed 29 July, 2015 - 02:31 pm »

Former Conservative Party leader Colin Craig appears set to confirm a comeback this afternoon.

Mr Craig has called a press conference in Auckland, and is promising two "significant announcements".

He would not confirm his plans, but has ruled out leaving the party or quitting politics altogether.

The party's founder and main financial backer also hinted that he would he would seek to reclaim the leadership of the party, possibly at a later date.

"Politics is all about comebacks," Mr Craig said.

Since resigning as leader last month, he has been gauging support among the membership through a postal ballot.

The looney s**t keeps on rolling, what's his next f**k up going to be 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #18 on: Wed 29 July, 2015 - 02:38 pm »

Hope he doesn't get 'pressured' by his Christain girlfriend 

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #19 on: Wed 29 July, 2015 - 09:04 pm »

Colin Craig is seeking compensation for alleged defamatory comments made by the "dirty politics brigade".

At a press conference this afternoon, the former Conservative leader said he was suing Jordan Williams, John Stringer and Cameron Slater for $300,000, $600,000 and $650,000 respectively.

At the conference he held up a booklet, titled Dirty Politics and Hidden Agendas, which he claimed outlined a "campaign of defamatory lies" against him.

Mr Craig claimed it did not do the country well to have a group of people influencing public opinion through a "web of deceit and media manipulation".

"Today the line is drawn. Either the dirty politics brigade is telling the truth or I am."

He's suing more people, should've known  Brought to you by dab
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #20 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 07:57 pm »

Former Conservative Party leader Colin Craig has not ruled out running for Auckland mayor next year, despite another week where his personal life has been dragged through the media.

Craig said he had been asked on more than one occasion to run for mayor and said he sees a strong constituency for a conservative, particularly a fiscally conservative, candidate to run in Auckland.

"I was born here and I love the city.  As a party we have always had some clear policies about sorting Auckland out, starting by reducing rates," he said.

He's on a roll now 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #21 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 09:26 pm »

He'll just split the right vote and that sleazy c**t Len brown will get in again Face Palm
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #22 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 09:48 pm »

Actually, can't work out who Auckland would be better with as Mayor, lying Len or crazy Craig Face Palm
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #23 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 09:49 pm »

I hope he doesn't sue me now
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #24 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 09:52 pm »

Maybe he's actually Xbox  eek
Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #25 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 10:37 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/west-coast/68356063/police-receive-several-calls-on-gloriavale-0800-number

Nah... this is xbox.... 
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #26 on: Sun 2 August, 2015 - 10:59 pm »

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #27 on: Fri 7 August, 2015 - 10:26 am »

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #28 on: Sat 12 September, 2015 - 12:35 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/colin-craig-files-defamation-suit/ar-AAeb5JX

Colin finally gets around to serving papers on his defamers 44 days after claiming to do so within 48 hours 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length