Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thu 19 October, 2017 - 10:52 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Contact Details - Hiding your email

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Kitchen (Recipes)
| | |-+  Triple Meat Double Down
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Triple Meat Double Down  (Read 2665 times)
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 06:53 am »

Restaurant Brands cited the success of KFC's new Double Down varieties as a factor in their latest profit forecast today.

Fans of the bunless, double chicken patty burger - which caused such a fuss when it launched three years ago - will no doubt be hoping that a new and even more calorie laden version is on its way to these shores.

Already causing a buzz on fastfood blogs around the world the 'Zinger Double Down King' was launched in South Korea last week and features a traditional beef burger meat patty, bacon and sauces all sandwiched between two fried chicken fillets.

Restaurant Brands chief executive Russel Creedy said the company would "definitely consider" bringing the Double Down King to New Zealand if there was sufficient customer demand for it.

"KFC always listens to its customers and brought the Double Down to New Zealand for the first time in May 2011 after a KFC customer set up a Facebook Page "Bring the Double Down to New Zealand" that attracted almost 3000 likes. "

The Wall Street Journal's food blog describes it as a "farmyard in your hand" and says the burger clocks in at heart stopping 750 calories.

Gift from god 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #1 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 09:41 am »

I hope they bring it here
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 04:43 pm »

Hideous full of preservatives, fats, colorants, and bacterias...and there's a good chance it's not chicken, beef, or bacon and if that's an egg what's the bet it came from a battery hen? YUCK. 

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #3 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 04:53 pm »

so negative, it's better than the sugary buns the regular burgers are in, and nobody will make you eat it anyway, but I bet you'll do a Grumpy and after being negative here head off and have it yourself Face Palm
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #4 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 04:55 pm »

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 05:01 pm »

Nope, I don't like it, would never buy it. 

I've just made a pie for dinner, spinach, bacon, egg and cheese. 

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #6 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 05:07 pm »

oh so you never have kfc at all then?
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #7 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 05:08 pm »

:stalker:

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Fri 24 October, 2014 - 05:13 pm »

yep had it on the way through to that tangi stopped at coastlands and got the $6 deal, waste of time my kids peel the skin off they don't like it, I like the skin and the smell of it but it plays havoc with my gut. Hubby doesn't do takeaways as a rule so he suffered through that meal - it was fast, we were in a hurry to get somewhere,- daughter's choice. I would never go out of my way to buy KFC though and I couldn't tell you when we've eaten it before then. Not for years.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Sun 10 May, 2015 - 02:59 am »

Fried food lovers are in for a real treat - a scented candle which wafts out the smell of their favorite grub for them to savour in their own home.

Lucky foodies will be able to whiff the delights of fried chicken and bacon thanks to a Double Down candle modelled on the odours of the famous KFC treat.

The burger was never available in the UK and remains unavailable in many countries after only ever being released for a limited period in the US.

But it proved such a hit, giftware firm Kentucky for Kentucky has developed the candle so we can all have a Double Down experience of some kind.

The candle will also pump out subtle smells of beef, cheese, BBQ sauce and mayo which also feature in the mega burger alongside two chicken breasts and crispy bacon slices.

The candle is part of the ‘Scents of the Commonwealth’ collection, which also features Hot Brown, Mint Julep and Fried Chicken scents.

Kentucky for Kentucky describe the candle as "Layered with pure Kentucky goodness, this Double Down candle starts off with a layer of Kathy’s real fried chicken candle mixed with bacon pieces, easing into a bacon-scented center, finishing off with another layer of bonafide fried chicken."

It will give a new meaning to having a candle-lit dinner.

The candle and the rest of the collection go on sale tomorrow, Friday May 8, at 10am. England

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length