Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wed 18 October, 2017 - 10:04 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Contact Details - Hiding your email

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Entertainment
| | |-+  Campbell Live
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Campbell Live  (Read 18153 times)
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #50 on: Sun 12 April, 2015 - 10:13 am »

http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/campbell-live-debate-considered-view#comment-683396

Julie Christie denying the "soap" plans now

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #51 on: Sun 12 April, 2015 - 11:07 am »

Okay I'm reading all these articles and this is the picture I'm getting, TV 3 had a change of management as it was helped out of receivership with Government funding. Mark Weldon a good friend of John Keys then became CEO of media works, he and his co-hort  Julie Christie have been on JC's tail ever since.

I think this Government needs to be rid of JC to close down TV3, there are so many other viewing opportunities for people these days but I would say JC is keeping that channel viable.

TV 1 is completely owned by this Government, they don't need TV3, so to justify the closure, get rid of the program which keeps it humming. 

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #52 on: Sun 12 April, 2015 - 11:54 am »

Except... The ratings show it's not viable, it's not just tv3's own data that shows the show is not keeping it's audience.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #53 on: Sun 12 April, 2015 - 12:11 pm »

The ratings show a steady decline right across the channel, but then it has never been as popular as TV 1 which was there from the get go. Tv 3 would never have had the same ratings as TV1.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #54 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 02:16 pm »

Out there!

Last year Prime Minister John Key and Mark Weldon had a phone conversation in regards to John Campbell.  Mr Key was overheard saying “I want that left wing bastard gone”. The prime minister had insidiously conspired with Mark Weldon to end John Campbell’s broadcasting career and have Campbell live taken off the air. Campbell Live is not biased against the National government it investigates poor government, remember when former Prime minister Helen Clark stormed off after calling John Campbell a “sanctimonious little creep“

Mark Weldon’s crony appointment as the CEO of media works was made by John Key. The National government have offered a great deal of privilege upon Mr Weldon.

Chair the Summit on Employment  and
    Offered the Queens service order
    Lead The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal.
    the Capital Markets Development Taskforce in 2009/10
    Tax Working Group in 2009
    Climate Change Leadership Forum
    Board of High Performance Sport New Zealand
    NZ Olympic Committee

After the Campbell live exposed the exploitative Zero Hours contracts a letter was sent from Burger King to Campbell live and Mark Weldon was mysteriously CC’d into the email.  The email was from someone at Burger King who obviously has a relationship with Mark Weldon. Burger King has used its influence to help terminate the  Campbell Live show.

Any media outlet that tells you this is not politically motivated and based on ratings is lying to you.  The decision was made by the National party caucus with strong influence from former radio works CEO MP Steven Joyce. This is another attempt by the National government to control the media and any criticism of its policies.

http://mananews.co.nz/wp/?p=4397

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #55 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 02:20 pm »

Bulls**t. It's spin, all of it ^

Funny how you see spin where it ISN'T but are blind to it when it's sitting right in front of you.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #56 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 02:32 pm »

You're the one who is deaf and blind matey.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #57 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 02:41 pm »

Sure, ok.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #58 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 05:45 pm »

Might have can't remember, yes, no, may be oh yeah that's right

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10718054
« Last Edit: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 05:46 pm by Lux » Logged

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #59 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 06:33 pm »

Poor old JK, maybe he's got Alzheimer's, must have the worst memory of any politician in recent times 
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #60 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 06:53 pm »

Just more up front. "Nah - can't remember" is more honest than fabricating things when the hounds are out n(which they always are for whoever has the top seat, on either side). Remember - he wasn't a politician before, unlike the others that have made a career out of it.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #61 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 06:55 pm »

Just more up front. "Nah - can't remember" is more honest than fabricating things when the hounds are out n(which they always are for whoever has the top seat, on either side). Remember - he wasn't a politician before, unlike the others that have made a career out of it.

Brought to you by dab

f**k you're funny.

Nah - can't remember means  - "I'm not saying anything that will put another nail in the coffin now you have caught me out in another lie"

ya daft tit
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #62 on: Mon 13 April, 2015 - 11:16 pm »

Sure, ok

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #63 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 01:39 am »

Out there!

Last year Prime Minister John Key and Mark Weldon had a phone conversation in regards to John Campbell.  Mr Key was overheard saying “I want that left wing bastard gone”. The prime minister had insidiously conspired with Mark Weldon to end John Campbell’s broadcasting career and have Campbell live taken off the air. Campbell Live is not biased against the National government it investigates poor government, remember when former Prime minister Helen Clark stormed off after calling John Campbell a “sanctimonious little creep“

Mark Weldon’s crony appointment as the CEO of media works was made by John Key. The National government have offered a great deal of privilege upon Mr Weldon.

Chair the Summit on Employment  and
    Offered the Queens service order
    Lead The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal.
    the Capital Markets Development Taskforce in 2009/10
    Tax Working Group in 2009
    Climate Change Leadership Forum
    Board of High Performance Sport New Zealand
    NZ Olympic Committee

After the Campbell live exposed the exploitative Zero Hours contracts a letter was sent from Burger King to Campbell live and Mark Weldon was mysteriously CC’d into the email.  The email was from someone at Burger King who obviously has a relationship with Mark Weldon. Burger King has used its influence to help terminate the  Campbell Live show.

Any media outlet that tells you this is not politically motivated and based on ratings is lying to you.  The decision was made by the National party caucus with strong influence from former radio works CEO MP Steven Joyce. This is another attempt by the National government to control the media and any criticism of its policies.

http://mananews.co.nz/wp/?p=4397

From TM

In 2008 the newly elected National government imposed a funding freeze on Radio NZ. By 2014 the freeze had effectively cut Radio NZ's budget by 9%

May 2012. Kevin Kenrick, ex CEO of 'House of Travel', is appointed head of TVNZ.

June 2012. TVNZ 7 is axed. All archive material deleted from the TVNZ website the following day.

May 2013. A year after John Key is humiliated on BBC 'Hardtalk', TV One replaces 'BBC Overnight' with infomercials.

August 2014. Mark Weldon – ex head of NZ Stock Exchange, and a friend of John Key – is appointed head of Mediaworks, who own TV3 (Mediaworks had earlier received a $43m subsidised bailout loan from the current National government).

October 2014. National minister Georgina Te Heu Heu appoints her friend Paora Maxwell head of Maori TV. Maxwell immediately announces that Maori TV will focus on language and culture, not politics and social issues. Carol Hirschfield and Julian Wilcox – Maori TV's hugely respected heads of news and programming – both lose their jobs.

April 2015. A week after Campbell Live is a part of the successful campaign against 'Zero Hour contracts', Mark Weldon and Mediaworks board member Julie Christie announce a 'review' of Campbell Live. Despite the fact that Campbell Live is profitable show. Mediaworks cherry-pick ratings from the final weeks of the cricket world cup to show a 'slide in ratings'.

If Campbell Live is cancelled, the total number of TV shows left in New Zealand that will ever ask a tough question of an MP in prime time, will be none.

Edited by d2 at 10:23 pm, Mon 13 Apr

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #64 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 08:35 am »

And we never went to the Moon

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #65 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 09:28 am »

And there's a man in the sky who is his own son but yet himself and he's always ever been and he's punishing us because he loves us.  Anything is believable in the shadow of that isn't it 
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #66 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 09:34 am »

There you go then. Your post from TM, the source of sources, means nothing.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #67 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 09:35 am »

Glad to have helped you with that epiphany

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #68 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 10:28 am »

Actually there can be some very lively discussions and debate from a wide range of people in TM (unless they were all banished like me) and people backed up there korero with evidence found from various sources most reputable, some out there, and a few way out there, but very few were too lazy to delve deep into the topic they were discussing or debating. I never discussed anything in general most people in there were too nice or polite or illiterate to discuss the hard topics.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #69 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 10:46 am »

I'd put more faith in the collective minds of TM general than your f**king fantasy book from the the f**king dark ages 
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #70 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 11:53 am »

It precedes the Dark Ages by some time. But I'm sure you knew that.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #71 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 12:10 pm »

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/entertainment/john-key-dismisses-campbell-live/#.VSxFNH-aMj9.twitter

Just Jokey showing how much he cares about all us, you know the citizens and backbone of this Country. Apparently chch earthquakes, pike river miners, the cost of milk, child poverty, ordinary New Zealanders fighting huge battles on whatever front, is just entertainment to jokey. I can't believe NZ voted this cut throat bastard in again. 

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #72 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 12:54 pm »

It precedes the Dark Ages by some time. But I'm sure you knew that.

Nothing worse than f**king christians than the ones who "study" the bible 

It's pretty obvious really isn't it if god wanted his word to be known it wouldn't be written by f**king knob jockeys hundreds of years apart in a fashion that needs it's messages to be deciphered by wankers two thousand f**king years later holed up in little wanker groups of scared little c**ts looking for an invisible best friend to take the pain and uncertainty of life on a rock in space away 

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #73 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 02:42 pm »

Sure, ok.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #74 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 05:06 pm »

Tell you what's funny Dan, I've got another regular bible basher on another board right now that I regularly cross paths with, he's doing the same thing as you today after getting some heat, single non response responses. Must be the day for it eh ?
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #75 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 06:34 pm »

Don't know about the other guy, but there's no point talking to someone like you. It's not a discussion. What's the point?

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #76 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 07:22 pm »

Bring some facts to the table, otherwise your god is as fake and unbelievable and built upon mythology as any other of the many gods there are.

And that's why there's no point  

Your god must be a stupid prick if he expects people two thousand years after his last appearance as himself but as his zombie son to believe a bunch of dudes who hodgepodged a book together of "memories" and hand me down stories and rules for humankind.

Your god needs to do a software update..... Bible 2.0 is long overdue  
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #77 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 07:39 pm »

I know this is the JC thread but you guys have gone off topic  Get Out !!!

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #78 on: Tue 14 April, 2015 - 08:17 pm »

Tough s**t for Dan, I hate seeing people live their lives in fear of end game reprisals and feeling like they have some previous existence guilt they have to accept because of nonsense the primitive thinking people from the past made up to explain their existence and their role in the physical world which they didn't have the sciences to learn from. 
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #79 on: Wed 15 April, 2015 - 09:11 am »

Bomber Bradbury's take on the situation
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #80 on: Wed 15 April, 2015 - 09:59 am »

Bomber is an idiot, pretty sure he used to be a KiwiFM DJ as well, so a bitter idiot perhaps Graeme Hill is one of my favourite talk show hosts and he doesn't come across as political to me, he normally talks about high brow science, religion, philosophy, history and language topics, and Andrew Fagan does talk a bit about politics and I think a lot of his opinions match mine, so of course I think he's an intelligent quality host
« Last Edit: Wed 15 April, 2015 - 10:01 am by Stu » Logged
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #81 on: Wed 15 April, 2015 - 10:33 am »

Yeah I used to find him really good and one of the most interesting radio shows around with things that matched my interest but then it went a bit wanky with introducing all that overseas holiday promoting crap they got into, taking up time and didn't find it fit in with the theme of the show andvsincevthen with the move to Sunday night I haven't really followed it anymore, Sunday afternoons used to be quite a good time slit for it when there was s**t on every other channel. He does have lefty inclinations though but is more pro left than bash the right. He used to be friends with Karyn Hay and Andrew Fagan when he was more involved with the NZ music scene but there was some sort of falling out which every now and then Karyn or Andrew mention in brief without detail, but often bring up that he changed his name at some stage to Graeme Hill after the F1 driver for some reason. Not sure if they try to imply there was a sinister or dodgy reason for that but they put the idea out there that it was an odd thing for the guy to do 

Bomber use to have a radio show ages ago too which was nothing like Hill's but interesting in a kind of local music and youth culture type way with hot sounding openly lesbo co hosts that used to bring their girlfriends in and be all flirty n s**t with each other while doing the show 
But since then he's turned into a total rabid lefty bordering on extremist 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #82 on: Wed 15 April, 2015 - 10:55 am »

I used to listen to Bomber on Channel Z years ago which I think became KiwiFM and I used to enjoy his show, now I think he's just a nutter
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #83 on: Wed 15 April, 2015 - 11:16 am »

I always used to see him around town years ago, and he came across as a weird, self-absorbed dork.

Like BoB

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #84 on: Fri 17 April, 2015 - 06:38 pm »

Bomber Bradbury's take on the situation

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Karyn-Hay-to-fly-solo-on-RadioLIVE/tabid/615/articleID/79203/Default.aspx

eek
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #85 on: Fri 17 April, 2015 - 07:23 pm »

That's a shame, even though he liked to stay in the background and was a little reluctant at times they were pretty good together  eek
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #86 on: Fri 17 April, 2015 - 07:25 pm »

And they may have never admitted to being lefties but Jesus Christ they are serious lefty, national haters 
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #87 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 09:57 am »

Weekend Herald investigation can reveal that earlier this year MediaWorks, in an unusual move, secretly trimmed the length of the show's cornerstone sponsorship.

During a February meeting with Mazda, the show's principal sponsor since 2008, instead of a typical one-year extension MediaWorks opted to extend the deal for only three months.

The new deal is set to expire at the end of May, signalling perhaps a curtain call for a show that only recently celebrated its tenth year on air.

Bill Ralston, a former TVNZ head of current affairs, said the short-term deal was highly unusual and only made sense if a decision about the future of the show had already been made.

"A three-month deal makes no sense, unless they were - at the point at which they negotiated that three-month deal - considering getting rid of Campbell Live."

A MediaWorks spokeswoman rejected suggestions the show was being railroaded into an early end. "It would be completely incorrect to suggest the outcome of this review is predetermined."

Mr Ralston said longer-term sponsorships made more financial sense for broadcasters.

"If you're a cash-strapped TV channel like they are, you'd want that cash booked in for at least a year."
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #88 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 03:20 pm »

it's getting more Nazi like every day.

The link

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11434603

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #89 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 03:30 pm »

I have friends who lived under the Nazis. Please don't cheapen your point of view with over dramatic comparisons. As bad as the situation may be, it's nothing like the Nazis.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #90 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 05:01 pm »

Excuse me, the Nazi's came into power long before any atrocities occurred slowly but surely they stripped the people of their rights before anyone really realised what was happening. I don't think it is cheap to refer to the systematic removal of oppositional thought or ideology that doesn't tow the current party line as being in line with Nazi philosophy. When a Government embarks on a journey to remove opposition, or anyone who questions their processes, then they're becoming nothing short of a dictatorship.

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #91 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 05:11 pm »

FFS, you're doing it again.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #92 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 05:54 pm »

How old are your friends ?
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #93 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 06:32 pm »

My besty Uwe is just in his fifties; they are his parents. He's the second oldest kid.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #94 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 06:48 pm »

So do you think they'd be offended by her comments or is it just you offended for them  ?
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #95 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 07:02 pm »

Excuse me, the Nazi's came into power long before any atrocities occurred slowly but surely they stripped the people of their rights before anyone really realised what was happening. I don't think it is cheap to refer to the systematic removal of oppositional thought or ideology that doesn't tow the current party line as being in line with Nazi philosophy. When a Government embarks on a journey to remove opposition, or anyone who questions their processes, then they're becoming nothing short of a dictatorship.

Face Palm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #96 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 07:22 pm »

That's a thing 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #97 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 07:27 pm »

and the person invoking it instantly loses the debate

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Godwin%27s+Law
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #98 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 08:29 pm »

So do you think they'd be offended by her comments or is it just you offended for them  ?
Are you dense? Make friends with anyone that went through all that and then compare Justin Beiber to Hitler and see what happens.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #99 on: Sat 18 April, 2015 - 08:44 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length