Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Fri 20 October, 2017 - 03:17 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Adding YouTube Clips

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Entertainment
| | |-+  Campbell Live
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Campbell Live  (Read 18230 times)
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #150 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 07:47 pm »

World politics, better to be aligned with the yanks for when the chinks invade 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #151 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 07:49 pm »

But you don't know who owns the U.S.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #152 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 07:53 pm »

Face Palm  Face Palm  Face Palm
The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #153 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 07:54 pm »

"the only investigative journalist left in this Country who has the balls to ask the big questions"

So you've never watching the show.

It's always been ENTERTAINMENT, with the so-called hard-hitting stuff being no more than Fair Go style antics.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #154 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 07:56 pm »

I hate how you go all cocogramma when you're excited.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #155 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 08:51 pm »

But you don't know who owns the U.S.

On the surface China owns it's debt, but really isn't the US owned by Isreal  
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #156 on: Thu 21 May, 2015 - 08:59 pm »

"the only investigative journalist left in this Country who has the balls to ask the big questions"

So you've never watching the show.

It's always been ENTERTAINMENT, with the so-called hard-hitting stuff being no more than Fair Go style antics.

Form your own opinion instead of parroting John Key's excuse for the FACT that he's been arse f**ked by Campbell a wee bit, also been majorly arse f**ked on the BBC's HardLine program where he was made a fool of too, he's a pushover when it's shoved up his arse and not one of the better politicians we've seen in the leadership role for ages. Once the grace period and the smarmy answers wore off he can't handle he hard s**t.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #157 on: Mon 25 May, 2015 - 08:26 pm »

John Campbell just slipped in a mention of Holmes in a seven o'clock slot...in amongst a story totally unrelated...is it a clue?

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #158 on: Mon 25 May, 2015 - 09:12 pm »

Holmes? Didn't he go to Prime and fail?
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #159 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 06:11 pm »

MediaWorks has confirmed that Campbell Live will end this Friday, and that it will be John Campbell's last day on air.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11455012&ref=nzh_tw
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #160 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 06:53 pm »

Nice and quick 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #161 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 07:11 pm »

He exercised his democratic right to ask questions which made the Nazis feel uncomfortable. They'll be burning film next.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #162 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 07:16 pm »

Old Campbell tapes to hide the evidence 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #163 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 07:25 pm »

To help people forget democracy.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #164 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 07:26 pm »

Face Palm
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #165 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 07:30 pm »

You're  already in no mans land. It's your nose you should be covering.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #166 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 08:01 pm »

The Fat Controller™
Buzzard

« Reply #167 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 08:45 pm »

She's crazy and irrational. Don't even try to understand.

1121 (+2087/-966) 
BoB exist in his dog.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #168 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 08:49 pm »

Head buried, arse up.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #169 on: Tue 26 May, 2015 - 09:06 pm »

Eating dog 
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #170 on: Fri 29 May, 2015 - 09:12 pm »

Campbell's legacy

The woman who put Gloriavale Christian Community guru Hopeful Christian in prison for indecent assault in the 1980s has had her name suppression lifted so she can tell her story on national television.

She will appear on the TV One show Sunday this weekend.

In previews for the show, the woman says there will be "no more hiding in shadows".

"[Hopeful] has got to be stopped."

Mr Christian, previously Neville Cooper, faced three charges of indecent assault from January 1984 relating to a 19-year-old member of the Christian community when it was based at Cust, in North Canterbury. The woman testified that she was penetrated with a wooden object.

Mr Christian said she was given the object and encouraged to use it on herself as "therapy".

In 1996, he failed to have his five-year jail sentence for indecent assault reduced. He was released that November.

The move from Cust to Lake Haupiri, inland from Nelson Creek, started in 1991 and was accompanied by a name change to the Gloriavale Christian Community.

Meanwhile, a request under the Official Information Act seems to confirm Gloriavale members do not receive social security benefits, despite claims by Campbell Live to the contrary.

The Greymouth Star asked how many people in the Haupiri area were receiving some form of benefit, after some ex-members suggested they may be.

The Ministry of Social Development said yesterday it could not reveal how many people were collecting a benefit because the numbers were too small, at less than five.

The Gloriavale website says members put their money in non-interest bearing bank accounts, while a booklet given out at the biennial Gloriavale concerts says: "We do not take welfare benefits, borrow money, or invest money on interest".

The Department of Internal Affairs confirmed late last week it was investigating Gloriavale's charity status.

The community owns assets of $36.6 million, including a dairy farm, deer enterprise and an aircraft repair firm - all operated from its reclusive base at Lake Haupiri.

The tax-exempt charity operating as the Christian Church Community Trust is run by four church leaders and headed by Hopeful Christian, who is referred to in documents as the"Overseeing Shepherd".

- The Greymouth Star
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #171 on: Tue 9 June, 2015 - 06:12 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/69241237/come-dine-with-me-to-replace-campbell-live

Face Palm
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #172 on: Tue 9 June, 2015 - 07:07 pm »

So the program that was being produced by the company that the boss lady owns that was rumoured to be replacing Campbell that they denied was true 
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #173 on: Tue 9 June, 2015 - 08:11 pm »

yep!

Face Palm
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #174 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 07:52 am »

Awkward moment 

A secret meeting between a top TVNZ reporter and a TV3 boss became awkward when the journalist's boss walked in.

Political reporter Heather du Plessis-Allan recently met TV3 head of news Mark Jennings. It is understood TV3 wanted to talk to her about becoming a co-host for the station's new current affairs programme, set to replace the recently axed Campbell Live in the 7pm slot.

A source told the Weekend Herald du Plessis-Allan and Jennings had decided to meet in Wellington at the Bolton Hotel - an establishment many TVNZ staffers stay at regularly. The booking was made in the name of TVNZ, apparently to avoid suspicion.

However, unknown to the pair, TVNZ's head of news gathering, Phil O'Sullivan, was checking in to the hotel that day too.

A hotel staffer inadvertently gave the game away when Mr O'Sullivan was given access to the room booked under "TVNZ" - it is understood he opened the door to find the pair in secret talks.

Yesterday, du Plessis-Allan declined to comment, as did a spokeswoman for MediaWorks, TV3's parent company.

But TVNZ's head of news and current affairs, John Gillespie, wasn't surprised by the meeting. "We completely understand why MediaWorks are targeting our people - we think they're the best in the business too."

Campbell Live, as well as its host John Campbell, bowed out just over three weeks ago. The prime-time slot is currently being filled by cooking show Come Dine With Me NZ.

MediaWorks has not yet revealed who will take the reins for the new 7pm programme, but du Plessis-Allan is among the names - including Duncan Garner, Alison Mau and Paul Henry - that media commentators have suggested are in the running to co-host the show.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #175 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 07:56 am »

All of those other possible co-hosts are ex-TVNZ as well
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #176 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 06:06 pm »

Every time someone mentions TV 3 viewing. I just say "I don't watch TV 3 I'm boycotting it, with great pleasure too. Today I watched cone dine with me on TV 1 not because I enjoy the program but just because it is not on TV 3 

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #177 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 06:08 pm »

The TV3 one is hilarious, and I can't stand food shows but I still watch it
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #178 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 06:40 pm »

Because you're a dick.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #179 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 06:56 pm »

I Know you are i said you are
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #180 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 07:19 pm »

Good come back stuey nice one 

Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #181 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 08:32 pm »

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #182 on: Sat 20 June, 2015 - 10:39 pm »

boycotting 3 is helping tvnz and the whole propaganda machine they run.

think again 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #183 on: Sun 21 June, 2015 - 09:52 am »

To tell you the truth I don't watch a lot of NZ TV in general. But I am definitely not watching TV 3 which is owned by the right wing and hell bent on keeping Kiwi's stupid and uninformed.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #184 on: Sun 21 June, 2015 - 10:18 am »

So paranoid Face Palm
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #185 on: Sun 21 June, 2015 - 10:57 am »

So suckered  Face Palm

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #186 on: Sun 21 June, 2015 - 11:09 am »

so what

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #187 on: Sun 21 June, 2015 - 11:15 am »

Looks like it's Duncan Garner as the male host 
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #188 on: Sun 21 June, 2015 - 11:28 am »

so who's going to do the drive show on radio live? 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #189 on: Wed 24 June, 2015 - 04:44 pm »

Just heard him, Duncan and Heather du Plessis-Allan, Duncan said he's going to stay on the drive show.  I guess Duncan will be the next to be bullied by the JC lovers, they've been targeting Guy Williams for only doing the voice over on Come Dine With Me
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #190 on: Wed 24 June, 2015 - 05:10 pm »

I thought Guy Williams would have been a bit better at that to be honest, he's a bit light on the sarcasm 
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #191 on: Sun 13 September, 2015 - 08:51 pm »

It's almost exactly three months since the New Zealand Herald's 'Diary' columnist Rachel Glucina announced in a tweet that she had been "headhunted" by Mediaworks "for a joint venture partnership to create, run and co-own a new digital entertainment platform."

Many of her former Herald colleagues believed she had, at best, jumped before she'd been pushed, and that the final straw had been not her unethical treatment of waitress Amanda Bailey but her ludicrous "conifers" column. The belief was that she was due to be dispensed with in a reshuffle after the departure of editor-in-chief Tim Murphy.

Whatever the case, the news was not welcome at all amongst Mediaworks journalists. As Simon Day describes it in the Sunday Star Times today:

Morale in the newsroom was already low. It was less than a month since John Campbell had resigned. The hiring of Glucina, the infamous gossip columnist who had attacked so many of TV3's presenters and journalists during her time at the New Zealand Herald, was the tipping point for an anxious and now enraged newsroom.

The staff were mutinous. Their protests forced head of news Mark Jennings to call an emergency newsroom meeting. In a hostile session TV3's journalists demanded to know how the appointment could have happened. Jennings promised Glucina would never set foot in the newsroom.

Some time after that, Mediaworks journalists received a group email announcing that:

Rachel Glucina is going to be leading a small but perfectly formed team to dominate entertainment news in New Zealand and beyond. This is your opportunity to be there from the beginning and help shape our digital entertainment news into the phenomenon it will undoubtedly become.

We need your energy, your drive and your skills to deliver on some bold plans.

Being sought were a news editor responsible for ensuring that "news stories have an emphasis on quality, accuracy, accessibility, best Web practices, and search engine optimisation (SEO)"; an online editor ("You will write, file, edit and promote a range of digital content on the platforms, including website, tablet, mobile app, social media and others, that will build the online presence for this major technology site"); and a social media editor "experienced in creating, curating and promoting compelling creative social content, generating web traffic, and expanding brand visibility and conversation."

The site, Scout, launches tomorrow (or today, if you're reading this on Monday), with Francis Cook, a former gallery reporter with Scoop, signed on as news editor and Patrick Gower and Duncan Garner as contributors. What Glucina will do day-to-day isn't clear.

Should be interesting……..or not 
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #192 on: Sun 13 September, 2015 - 09:24 pm »

Glucina is still a :c**t:
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #193 on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 07:14 pm »

Great start Rachel, what a scoop, Mike Hosking vacuuming his Ferrari as your lead story  Brought to you by dab

Annnnnnnd, her new workmates think it's a hoot too....

MediaWorks staff appear in open revolt at their company's new gossip website, Scout, which launched this morning with a "scoop" about Mike Hosking hoovering his Ferrari with a hand-held dustbuster on Auckland's Remuera Road.

The website, edited by former New Zealand Herald gossip columnist Rachel Glucina, went online on Monday morning ahead of a launch party at Auckland restaurant/bar Wine Chambers on Monday night. But it seems some staff from within Glucina's own organisation won't be celebrating.

Newsreader Hilary Barry was first into the fray, mocking the Hosking story with a photo of herself vacuuming her own car, with the hashtag  #stalkingisnotok

TV3 reporter David Farrier retweeted Barry's tweet and another mocking one, from TV3's own late-night news show, Newsworthy (which he fronts with Samantha Hayes), which read: "Exclusive: David Farrier Sits at Desk: http://tinyurl.com/DaveAtDesk".

The tweet links to a story on Newsworthy's site which consists of three increasingly zoomed in photos of a dazed Farrier.

He then followed up with tweets saying he would not be working for Scout, and if they doorstopped him, he would set his parrot Keith on them.

Comedian Eli Mathewson and media commentator Russell Brown were among others to take an early crack at the site on Twitter.

Scout, said to be a local take on E! meets TMZ, has promised sex, scandal and gossip since its announcement. Beyond the Hosking car expose, it had stories on World Cup WAGS and reality TV stars.

There's also what looks to be a regular segment called Mile high diaries, in which unnamed writers share their stories about joining the "mile high club".

In some clear cross-promotion for other MediaWorks products, "New Zealand's most fearless broadcaster", Duncan Garner (from MediaWorks' Story) takes on a high-wire challenge despite being scared of heights; socialite – and one of Glucina's well-known besties – Gilda Kirkpatrick has written a children's book; MediaWorks' Sharyn Casey teaches you how to stalk people in the supermarket.
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #194 on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 09:50 pm »

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #195 on: Tue 15 September, 2015 - 07:02 am »

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #196 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 01:53 pm »

The news editor of Scout has resigned just four days after the site launched.

Francis Cook, previously of Scoop, announced his resignation on Twitter, claiming the gossip site was "just not for me".

"I resigned from Scout yesterday. It's just not for me. But I wish them the best, and good luck to them. Crazy week. Hello Auckland."

Scout is MediaWorks' new gossip-focused  venture headed up by former New Zealand Herald reporter Rachel Glucina.

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #197 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 02:26 pm »

only just realised after the ridicule Face Palm
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #198 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 11:23 pm »

so what

Badum tish

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #199 on: Wed 11 November, 2015 - 05:52 pm »

After a rapid exit by its news editor Francis Cook just four days after the site launched, more Scout employees have left their posts at the entertainment website.

Sources close to the Scout newsroom have said that since the site was launched by TV3 owners Mediaworks in September, at least eight of the original editorial team have left.

It's understood just three editorial staff remain, including the site's editor, former New Zealand Herald gossip columnist Rachel Glucina.

One source said a common thread behind the staff turnover was friction between Glucina and her staff members.

"The way she talks is not okay - everyone got fed up," the source said.

When asked for comment on the staff numbers at Scout, Glucina said she was in a meeting and hung up.

Mediaworks staff are understood to have been briefed to expect an announcement on the site's future direction later this week.

Mediaworks have yet to respond to calls for comment.

When does stupid woman take the hint 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length