Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Fri 20 October, 2017 - 09:58 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Entertainment
| | |-+  Hey SKY TV Experts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey SKY TV Experts  (Read 1275 times)
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« on: Tue 11 August, 2015 - 09:35 pm »

can anybody make sense of this?

http://pages.skytv.co.nz/offers/get-sky-and-mysky#termsandconditions

Get SKY and MY SKY now with No Joining Fee*
and no long term contract.

Early termination fees apply. See www.sky.co.nz for details. Offer ends 23 August 2015.

if there's no contract, what's considered early?  I nearly signed up tonight until I saw that sneaky little note at the end
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Wed 12 August, 2015 - 12:08 am »

4. TERM
Subject to earlier termination under clause 13 or as permitted by any mandatory provision of law, this contract will continue until terminated by either party giving 28 days’ notice to the other provided that any notice given by you will not take effect prior to the expiry of the minimum term that applies under this contract (as stated on the face of this contract or otherwise agreed with SKY). Such minimum term will run from the date that the Selected Service can first be received by you.

Is that it or do they still have a minimum term that applies
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Wed 12 August, 2015 - 09:13 pm »

For the first time, Sky TV is offering the chance to access All Blacks and Black Caps games without signing up for a decoder and contract.

Specifically, the pay TV broadcaster has upgraded its Fanpass.co.nz service to include streams of Sky Sport channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 for $14.99 for a day or $19.99 for a week.

That's really crossing the Rubicon. A-list live sport – appointment viewing that's largely immune to piracy – is gold for pay-TV broadcasters. Sky TV's natural urge will be to hold it close. But with online-only cricket sites starting to spring up, and the All Blacks dabbling with high-definition YouTube streams of games*, Sky TV needs to be on the front foot with new media.

Fanpass can be accessed via a smartphone, tablet or PC – or watched on your TV if it has wi-fi or an HDMI cable to your computer.

The new service was launched in February with live-streaming and on-demand content for the NRL, Formula One and Super Rugby. With full-season passes running to $299 — and that's $299 per sport, so nearly $1000 all up — it's not cheap but Fanpass has proved robust (its platform was created by NeuLion, the New York outfit that's also behind NFL Pass, NHL Pass and Lightbox Sports' PremierLeaguePass). So as well as offering non-Sky subscribers a chance to access Sky Sport channels on a day or week pass, it might spark a bit of jealously among users of trouble-prone service Sky Go, the streaming service available free to traditional Sky TV subscribers.

Could Sky Go users get free access to Fanpass if Sky Go falls over during a big game?

"That's a nice idea but they are different systems and authentications so it's not possible right now," Sky TV communications director Kirsty Way says.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/sky-launches-one-day-and-one-week-passes-its-sports-channels
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #3 on: Wed 12 August, 2015 - 09:15 pm »

ring them up and ask them but they probably don't know themselves 

it's all repeats and bulls**t anyway , and the good stuff costs a bundle
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #4 on: Thu 13 August, 2015 - 09:51 am »

I contacted their support, they said:

Thanks for your email.

If you have signed up for SKY on a 12 month contract, the early termination fee will apply if you cancel your account before this period is up.

If you have signed up for a No Contract promotion, then this rule does not apply to you.

so f**k knows why they put that clause in there then

and I'd love not to get Sky, it's only for Maddie I pretty much only watch TV3 these days so I have no need for it, I guess I'll watch the Gold Mining stuff that's 6 months behind too.  Once I get fibre installed here I'll cancel the Sky and stream stuff instead, which is why I was after something with no contracts or termination fees.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Thu 13 August, 2015 - 10:38 am »

Christ how hard is it to just say that early termination is anything less than the agreed contracted period, idiots  Face Palm

I just sent a s**tty email to some crowd in the states after having to go through filling in all my details to purchase something then get to the bottom and find they don't ship out of domestic US, homo's 
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #6 on: Thu 13 August, 2015 - 10:10 pm »

Sky are retarded in how they do business. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length