Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mon 23 October, 2017 - 04:25 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Unread Posts Since Your Last Visit

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  Independent review my arse.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independent review my arse.  (Read 798 times)
Lux
Supreme Loser

« on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 07:29 pm »

http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/3d/allegations-of-eqc-favouritism-bias-and-nepotism-2015091315#axzz3lgvJRgUn

Kids of top management $180,000 salary plus expenses. Working as EQC assessors. There must be some very worried home owners in CHCH, not really knowing whether their homes have been assessed appropriately - are they going to be able to confidently sell on their properties if they so wish? It's pretty sick, but watch the spokesman in this clip talk it all down. Disgusting! We should refuse to pay levies.   

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 07:34 pm »

Honestly, I don't know how these bastards keep their jobs. Why are we letting this happen?

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 09:03 pm »

Because those bastards are us, our friends, our relatives, our neighbours.

And it's not till it's too late do we realise what's happening
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #3 on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 09:25 pm »

a lot of people have been trying to get this into the public eye for years.
we said it was a rip off when it first started and it was known they were employing
friends and family with zero knowledge of what the job needed.
They have ripped off the people of Christchurch, and everyone who has ever paid EQC levies.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Mon 14 September, 2015 - 09:55 pm »

Yeah but also the people of chch ripped everyone off with false or trumped up claims and staying at friends or family while getting repairs and putting in huge bills 
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #5 on: Wed 16 September, 2015 - 09:27 pm »

Speak for yourself. We had to live in a caravan and it took a lot of persuading to get the insurance company to fund that even though it
was our accommodation allowance.  EQC sent the quote back three times before they agreed to repairs. Repairs were
scoped at $45-$60k. EQC finally let the builder spend just under $20k.
The house moves in strong winds and shakes when big vehicles go past. The brick work is cracked again where it was "repaired" and
the floor squeaks where it was "repaired" with FLC instead of being lifted, re leveled and screwed down securely. Walls have gaps and cracks where the plastering was "repaired"

Nothing was properly repaired, it was a cosmetic patch up that hasn't lasted two years.

Some people did take advantage of slack practices at EQC but most people never got what they were entitled to.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 01:00 pm »

but happily pay out 10s of 1000's to family members of EQC management, hired to do the assessments with no knowledge of the work needed to apply themselves to the job; asides from that they are in a position where they can create their own income. It's disgusting.

Bob your lame comments are the reason they get away with this crap; Just like the establishment ripping the system sideways while pointing the finger at nasty beneficiaries when they are the biggest beneficiaries and in a position to make sure they stay the biggest beneficiaries. We need to take back ownership of our funds. New Zealanders need to wake up and take the reins.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #7 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 02:36 pm »

Well what are you going to do about it ?

How come general population don't storm the streets in protest demanding an end to the rorting ?
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 04:03 pm »

because we're too laid back and too trusting and our expectation is that the establishment will work in our best interests.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 04:59 pm »

What Rory's do you partake in in your industry 
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #10 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 07:41 pm »

Well what are you going to do about it ?

How come general population don't storm the streets in protest demanding an end to the rorting ?

because it would take someone to attack someone from EQC or the government before it would
be taken seriously. The minister has dismissed any idea of an inquiry or even that there is a problem
so any protest will, once again, fall on deaf ears.
Asking the people who are meant to oversea these agencies to probe into perceived corruption is pointless
when those same people are in themselves corrupt.

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #11 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 08:46 pm »

Anyway people are taking to the streets to protest  Bobby,  you should join us sometime.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #12 on: Thu 17 September, 2015 - 09:00 pm »

Oh yeah, post the photos of your last protest march huh 

I pose my question again but spelt properly, what rorts are you on in your industry ?
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #13 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 01:43 pm »

I'm not; I nearly burnt out last year trying to stop obvious rorts from happening, interestingly enough the person in charge of the relocation and rebuilding of our service facility came from the CHCH rebuild and insisted on using a CHCH company to set up our new space - We argued that we could source all the materials local and have local builders who already had a contract with the hospital, do the work, however the new building services manager made an executive decision to use a company from CHCH. (probably his own) we paid twice as much for half the job we'd had quoted locally. I wrote a letter of complaint to the Hospital manager who said they'd look into it....now whenever I see the building services manager, he lowers his eyes, he can't actually look me in the eye. In the end we had the local builders come in and finish off the job. Also I never knew unitl last year how many bloody managers were in this DHB. The rorts happen above my level of work for sure, what I witnessed during our move were a whole lot of people not willing to make a move incase they upset somebody else at their level of work.

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #14 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 11:02 pm »

The rest of the country needs to be warned about companies that have started because of the
rebuild. Every man and his hamster started a "company" to feast at the trough. When it goes bad they
pack up the tent and f**k off, of start again a week later with another name.
One thing the rebuild has taught people is that it's easy to make money from disaster.
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #15 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 11:19 pm »

The rest of the country needs to be warned about companies that have started because of the
rebuild. Every man and his hamster started a "company" to feast at the trough. When it goes bad they
pack up the tent and f**k off, of start again a week later with another name.
One thing the rebuild has taught people is that it's easy to make money from disaster.
that's why they start wars too

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #16 on: Fri 18 September, 2015 - 11:37 pm »

I still reckon Gerry Brownlee started the quakes. I reckon he fell of his chair after eating a dozen pies for breakfast.
Red
Supreme Loser

« Reply #17 on: Sat 19 September, 2015 - 09:16 am »

Badum tish
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #18 on: Sun 20 September, 2015 - 12:02 pm »

If New Zealand is one of the least corrupt Countries, then there's not much hope for mankind is there.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #19 on: Sun 20 September, 2015 - 01:48 pm »

Corruption starts at home 
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #20 on: Mon 21 September, 2015 - 02:50 pm »

If New Zealand is one of the least corrupt Countries, then there's not much hope for mankind is there.

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length