Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tue 17 October, 2017 - 11:20 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Contact Details - Hiding your email

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Mass Debating Chamber
| | |-+  CYFs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CYFs  (Read 382 times)
Lux
Supreme Loser

« on: Mon 28 September, 2015 - 08:01 pm »

Anne Tolley and her brilliant ideas;

"More people need to step up and foster parent."

"Women who have more babies after involvement with cyfs, like sex."

Gawd, she's gifted. 

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Mon 28 September, 2015 - 08:09 pm »

Must say though dealings we have with cyfs at work are quite tenuous; I find them quite defensive and negative, taken they have a really pissy job, I can understand it to an extent...I think a change of philosophy is needed, and stop giving children to their abusers relatives, their abusers come from backgrounds of abuse it is more than likely that often these kids get given over to other abusers in their family. Also instead of treating these kids like lepers in the system, fund the way, stop the natty dreadful penny pinching when it comes to kids,  find highly qualified caregivers who will give foster children a nurturing environment. Also rigorous police checking, auditing, and professional development of said caregivers. If you make the job a valued job then people will step up to the job. Relying on dodgy relatives isn't working.

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Mon 28 September, 2015 - 08:30 pm »

Half that s**t is because whole f**king extended families are munters and half the foster parents are dodgy f**kers too and we can't even get the state to operate a facility without f**king that up either from hiring abusers and pedo's 

What we need is for these f**kheads to put their hands up and say, yes!, I'm not parent material and not a capable caregiver or provider, please either supply me free contraceptives or pay for a vasectomy or sterilization.

Only problem is we'll soon be over run by f**king asians and rag heads who will continue to breed like they're programed to 
cathy
Supreme Master

« Reply #3 on: Mon 28 September, 2015 - 09:06 pm »

there is not enough support for foster parents.
 why do we have paid maternity leave but yet others are expected to look after relatives children with very little compensation, sometimes at very short notice.
A friend of mines is fostering her husband's great neice and nephew, she had to buy beds etc for them, she has had to shorten her hours at work and use her annual leave in the holidays to look after them.
She has to pay for holiday programmes as she and her husband "earn too much"WTF  she is doing the state a favour.

The parents had supervised access to the kids and the foster parents were also expected to do that as well until they told the social worker to do it herself.

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Mon 28 September, 2015 - 10:39 pm »

Agreed!

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Tue 29 September, 2015 - 07:59 am »

And then there's c**ts like this 

A severely disabled child was used as a "cash cow" by his alcoholic mother and her boyfriend to access up to $80,000 in benefits, according to notes in a Child, Youth and Family file.

In it, a social worker said of the boy's caregivers: "It would appear that it's more about receiving financial payment from Government agencies, than actually providing a home for Benjamin*."

The boy, born prematurely with a brain bleed, has the mental development of a 2-year-old. He has also been diagnosed as autistic.

The 1100-page file on his life is an extraordinary insight into the complex cases CYF wrestles with, starting with social workers encountering him as a dirty and wet 6-month-old in bed alongside his passed-out, alcoholic mother.

It also features a cry for help from a police officer and a principal for agencies other than CYFs to step up - just as Children's Commissioner Russell Wills is currently pushing for the responsibility for at-risk children to be spread wider.

"It is not the responsibility of Child, Youth and Family alone," Dr Wills told the Herald. "Schools, families, communities, charities, businesses, health providers and other government agencies have the power to change the lives and outcomes for these children. These are our children, too."
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Tue 29 September, 2015 - 08:45 am »

I tend to agree it is not just up to cyfs to look out for and help at risk kids, but cyfs and the police are the ones who have the ultimate power to make changes. If you know of a child who is at risk of harm or any kind of abuse in their home, call the police they can act faster and make a bigger impact on the situation and bring cyfs into the picture earlier. Every case is complex there is no easy fix and sometimes there is no light at the end of the tunnel for some time after a case is taken on by cyfs, so no instant fixes but Police are able to remove kids from abusive homes if they feel they are in danger. Cyfs does not have the authority to remove kids instantly they have to get a court order to do that.

I've fought a few battles at work;

Anyone can make a notification to cyfs and ask for a follow up call and it can be anonymous.

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #7 on: Tue 29 September, 2015 - 11:25 am »

Half that s**t is because whole f**king extended families are munters and half the foster parents are dodgy f**kers too and we can't even get the state to operate a facility without f**king that up either from hiring abusers and pedo's 

that's what lux said!     

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Tue 29 September, 2015 - 03:50 pm »

Do you actually read her posts  eek
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Tue 29 September, 2015 - 08:33 pm »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length