Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wed 13 December, 2017 - 01:09 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Unread Posts Since Your Last Visit

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Lab (Moderator: Stu)
| | |-+  Can anyone tell me - is unlocking unblocking?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone tell me - is unlocking unblocking?  (Read 927 times)
Lux
Supreme Loser

« on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 12:44 pm »

Is there a difference between unblocking and unlocking phones? My daughter had her phone stolen on the weekend she has blocked it. Today I saw someone advertising to unlock phone, laptops etc... does that mean that when you block a phone it can be unlocked or is unlocking something different?

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 01:17 pm »

Unlocking is when the phone was tied to only one provider.
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 01:50 pm »

so is unlocking not the same as unblocking?

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #3 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 04:08 pm »

Isn't blocking when you have a number that either you can block or ask your provider to 
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #4 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 05:06 pm »

Daughter phoned 2 degrees I think, to have her phone blocked. I'm just hoping it can't be unblocked as I don't want the ahole thief to be able to use her phone.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #5 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 06:10 pm »

That's why you have the app on them to find them by GPS and make them void to finders and delete personal info from them 

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 06:39 pm »

Well I wouldn't know I have a 79 dollar cellphone that has a keyboard on it, I only use it to organise the family when I'm at work lol. Hers was 1200 bucks worth about 4 months old. f**king ridiculous no-one needs a $1200 phone...though lucky for her she's living at home and can claim it back through my insurance. 

Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 06:40 pm »

As far as I know they block the IMEI or whatever it's called of the phone, it's unique serial number like a car vin number, then it can't be used on any networks so it's effectively useless, not sure why people bother stealing phones, or maybe they do it in the hopes that some dumb :c**t: will buy it and not check the IMEI database to make sure it's not blocked.

the database has some info on it: http://www.tcf.org.nz/content/cfa46b54-509c-44aa-91da-3bfe14d20f8f.html

but there may be the possibility that the IMEI can be changed

Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #8 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 06:46 pm »

Awesome that's what I wanted to hear. Cheers, it can't work in NZ if its been reported lost or stolen.

So I don't what that guy advertising 'unblocking devices' is doing must be something else.

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #9 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 07:37 pm »

Make up your mind, first post said unlocking  Bah Humbug
Lux
Supreme Loser

« Reply #10 on: Fri 29 January, 2016 - 08:01 pm »

So i confused myself and you, stu was onto it though   

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length