Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tue 19 December, 2017 - 07:29 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: The Rules - updated 23/01/2012

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Lab (Moderator: Stu)
| | |-+  What would you do if
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you do if  (Read 1320 times)
Lux
Supreme Loser

« on: Tue 12 July, 2016 - 07:51 pm »

Government decided we were all to be micro chipped to save precious dollars, to help bring down the national debt,  many many transactions, communications, payments, wages, salaries, bills, grocery shopping is all now to be done through the chip. Would you accept it? Why? Why not?

Obi Wan Kanobi said. "I have never seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." Little did Obi Wan realize he was describing the National party.
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #1 on: Wed 13 July, 2016 - 12:32 am »

there would be an uprising and carnage on the streets.

If there wasn't then you pathetic c**ts deserve what you get. they would have to kill me before I'd let
them do that  me.

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #2 on: Wed 13 July, 2016 - 12:09 pm »

there would be an uprising and carnage on the streets.

If there wasn't then you pathetic c**ts deserve what you get. they would have to kill me before I'd let
them do that  me.

Ditto

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #3 on: Wed 13 July, 2016 - 12:12 pm »

Government decided we were all to be micro chipped to save precious dollars, to help bring down the national debt,  many many transactions, communications, payments, wages, salaries, bills, grocery shopping is all now to be done through the chip. Would you accept it? Why? Why not?
I'd go bush, self sufficient

It's easy to do
Either that or leave the country

It would not work, as far as dealing with national debt etc, it would just be pure infringement of human rights. Nothing less.

DonAsed

« Reply #4 on: Sat 22 April, 2017 - 11:29 am »

RFID. Good old Hollerith, been going for years. They are slowing but surely making their way into the world again. How many dogs are "chipped" now?

Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #5 on: Sat 22 April, 2017 - 01:22 pm »

I resent it being a law that they have to be chipped.

DonAsed

« Reply #6 on: Sun 23 April, 2017 - 02:16 pm »

Some fun bedtime reading on the origins of the RFID. Ever wonder about the number tattooed onto Jewish prisoners arms?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/ibm-and-quot-death-s-calculator-quot-2

Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #7 on: Sun 23 April, 2017 - 05:39 pm »

We already accept this form of monitoring in part in the form of ankle bracelets. That's how this form of technology will gain acceptance and grow into the inevitable chipping of everyone. It will be introduced using emotive or practicable circumstances and promoted as being for our own good and the good of the community at large. And it's applications can certainly be used for those very reasons in huge areas of our lives. If we can harness the positives of those benefits but restrict the encroachments into our personal freedoms then great.

Who wouldn't agree to child molesters being chipped ?...........technology would allow schools and police to know when an at risk individual was in the vicinity either as a 'at this moment' alert or see patterns of behaviour that could be logged and data derived that could predict an ugly outcome and intervention be implemented.

Rapists chipped, murderers chipped, burglars chipped, who wouldn't want that?

The uses of electronic monitoring are countless and taking it a step further, let's somehow integrate fundamental health systems monitored within the body (blood pressure, heart beat, etc. etc) and if they show either acute or emergency indications of immediate intervention needed a medical response could be launched matching the level of need.....serious concerns as in heart related problems showing a pattern of trouble.......details automatically sent to your GP and text message sent to your phone of the issues and warning you to take action. Who wouldn't want that?

Emergency indications such as loss of heartbeat or blood pressure drop due to trauma or indications of unconsciousness and emergency vehicles would be sent to your GPS location. Closest 'registered to receive that information" person notified by text that you're in distress. Who wouldn't want that?

Some great benefits could be forsaken just because we fear......
« Last Edit: Sun 23 April, 2017 - 05:42 pm by Mr Nice Guy » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length