Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sun 23 September, 2018 - 06:13 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Adding YouTube Clips

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Lab (Moderator: Stu)
| | |-+  can someone please desipher this???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can someone please desipher this???  (Read 1046 times)
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« on: Thu 11 February, 2010 - 03:05 pm »

its the stuff offered with the broadband im looking at.

# 1GB email mailbox so big files can be saved (???)

# Webmail - send and receive email from any internet connected PC or Laptop
# Personal Web Hosting - create your own personal website, and we'll host it for you at no extra charge (WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS?)
# Static IP option. For just an extra $10 per month, you can have your very own (A WHAT NOW???)
# Free unlimited dialup account – check your emails on holiday!(HOW???)

AND WHAT IS THIS THING DOWN THERE???

Need a wireless router? Join Slingshot on a 24 month contract and we'll sort you out with one for FREE!

New to broadband? We’ll hook you up with a free connection and free modem to get you started!

*This type of new connection has a minimum 12 month contract and if you decide to leave us early, a cancellation fee will apply of $149.(this is standerd aye)

the plan im going on is:

Starter $24.95 (this is on top of the $44.95 for homephone.you must have that to get this deal but im on it.)

The best priced plan in the market if you’d like to try out high speed internet, or simply want to save money. If you’re looking for a plan to download movies and music, this isn’t the one for you. One of our other plans is ideal for that.

can some one please translate all of that?????????????????

Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #1 on: Thu 11 February, 2010 - 05:13 pm »

# 1GB email mailbox so big files can be saved (???)  lots of storage for LOL!!

# Webmail - send and receive email from any internet connected PC or Laptop  don't need your computer to check email, it's done from their email webpage, then when you connect with your thunderbird/outlook/eudora... whatever your email program is, all your emails will download to that.

# Personal Web Hosting - create your own personal website, and we'll host it for you at no extra charge (WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS?)  make a web page for your own presence on the web

# Static IP option. For just an extra $10 per month, you can have your very own (A WHAT NOW???)not much point unless you run a server.  (i think)

# Free unlimited dialup account – check your emails on holiday!(HOW???) plug in your lappy modem into a phone socket and click connect

Need a wireless router? Join Slingshot on a 24 month contract and we'll sort you out with one for FREE!

New to broadband? We’ll hook you up with a free connection and free modem to get you started!

*This type of new connection has a minimum 12 month contract and if you decide to leave us early, a cancellation fee will apply of $149.(this is standerd aye)

the plan im going on is:

Starter $24.95 (this is on top of the $44.95 for homephone.you must have that to get this deal but im on it.)

The best priced plan in the market if you’d like to try out high speed internet, or simply want to save money. If you’re looking for a plan to download movies and music, this isn’t the one for you. One of our other plans is ideal for that.

what thing down where?  the wireless thing?
why get a wireless modem? unless you want to use the lappy in every room of the house.
bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #2 on: Thu 11 February, 2010 - 06:21 pm »

# 1GB email mailbox so big files can be saved (???) WTF do you think it means?

# Webmail - send and receive email from any internet connected PC or Laptop
# Personal Web Hosting - create your own personal website, and we'll host it for you at no extra charge (WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS?) It tells you right in the sentence what you can do with it ffs.
# Static IP option. For just an extra $10 per month, you can have your very own (A WHAT NOW???) same ip every time - dont bother
# Free unlimited dialup account – check your emails on holiday!(HOW???) by taking your f**kin computer and plugging it into the phone line and then logging on to your dial up account

*This type of new connection has a minimum 12 month contract and if you decide to leave us early, a cancellation fee will apply of $149.(this is standerd aye) WTFFFFFFFFFFF??????

the plan im going on is:

Whats to translate - its all pretty self explanatory - especially give half of it is contained within the statements.

WTF are you like?
Butterfly Angel
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #3 on: Fri 12 February, 2010 - 04:45 pm »

smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #4 on: Fri 12 February, 2010 - 05:11 pm »

what is a wireless router?

bytey, while you may be a brain box i dont know s**t about computers and am still learning them
Stu
Site Admin

AssHoly Internet Bastard

« Reply #5 on: Fri 12 February, 2010 - 05:22 pm »

It's a router, that has wireless built in

A router allows you to have more than one computer on the one connection, you plug the router into your modem and then all of your puters into the router, if it's wireless, you can have wireless computers connected to it, without wires, uses the same frequency as cordless phones
bytey
Supreme Loser

« Reply #6 on: Fri 12 February, 2010 - 06:32 pm »

what is a wireless router?

bytey, while you may be a brain box i dont know s**t about computers and am still learning them

its gotr nothing to do with being a brain box - most of the statements tell you exactly what they mean. Its about being able to read plain english
smile4me
Supreme Mistress

« Reply #7 on: Fri 12 February, 2010 - 11:06 pm »

welcome back.

ta stu, cant be bothered with broad band now ,costs too much when i can use the one at mahi anyway
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length