Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sat 18 November, 2017 - 07:36 pm
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: Swear Filters

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Entertainment
| | |-+  anyone else
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: anyone else  (Read 436 times)
PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« on: Tue 3 July, 2012 - 02:14 pm »

find it a little disconcerting that (some) actors are actually getting into the spirit of their craft and learning how to speak in a really good accent of the character's country of origin?

while i appreciate the effort, its a bit of a shock when one wiki's the person to find out they were born somewhere else  eek for example, two shows i am currently watching....
the first one has a guy whose character is from Australia (and he even has the facial features i'd associate with an aussie), and yet he was born in Detroit, USA. He really really sounds as if he'd lived his life in Oz, even down to the colloquialisms!
the second guy's character was born and bred in cowboy, USA (Montana or Wyoming or something), even down to the slow drawl, and yet I find he's an Aussie, born and bred! been on quite a few Oz tv shows.

sort of makes you feel like your perceptions are being screwed with
bad enough that scenery which is supposedly in such-and-such a country was actually 'filmed in this other country because it was cheaper' kinda thing 

i was watching a Canadian-based movie or tv show the other day, and i swear i saw a NZ Rail diesel train in the background! our orange & yellow colours and large black engine number. did canada use them too? 

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Mr Nice Guy
Supreme Loser

« Reply #1 on: Tue 3 July, 2012 - 03:48 pm »

You'll need the help of a train nerd for that....
Brain
Buzzard

« Reply #2 on: Tue 3 July, 2012 - 04:59 pm »

what was the loco type and it's number?

or did it look something like this....?

PaganRaven
Buzzard

earth is not home to me

« Reply #3 on: Tue 3 July, 2012 - 05:25 pm »

it looked almost the same as our DC loco: http://www.frankship.com/ecanterbury.html

if i could remember just what i saw it in, i'd try and grab a screen shot. my memory isn't great, but i'd thought the writing was black, rather than the white on the engines in the above website pics.

i could be even wronger than my memory allows 

I can hear the raven sing .... a spiritual glow envelops, medicine power develops ... as the raven sings.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length