Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tue 24 July, 2018 - 05:32 am
Home Help Login Register Chat Personal Messages Logout
News: The Rules - updated 23/01/2012

+  Last Post
|-+  General Category
| |-+  The Kitchen (Recipes)
| | |-+  Help with indexing Jeni Pearce's "Healthy Pasta Cookbook" please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with indexing Jeni Pearce's "Healthy Pasta Cookbook" please  (Read 36 times)
CharlotteB
Innocent

« on: Thu 5 July, 2018 - 10:49 am »

I index some of my rather extensive collection of recipe books for the “Eat Your Books” website of cook books and recipes (https://www.eatyourbooks.com/) = books that the site’s indexers wouldn’t have time to do.  Generally I do New Zealand recipe books with a reasonable number of “owners” as recorded on the website so that we can all have them come up in  our searches.

The indexing terms used are generally American and ingredients and I need to ensure that the correct ingredient is listed or possibly to request a new one be added if necessary.   As noted above, I am  checking on the ingredients listed for the recipe for “Quick Tomato Sauce” on page 64 to ensure that I (and EYB) understand what was intended.  The ingredient in question is "Italian tomatoes” - is it tinned Italian Roma tomatoes or tinned tomatoes flavoured with Italian herbs.  If the former then the ingredient will simply by “tinned tomatoes”.

The recipe list in the variations below, a substitution of Mexican or chilli tomatoes which suggests to me that perhaps the ingredient was tomatoes flavoured with Italian green herbs rather that tinned Roma tomatoes.

Many thanks for anyone who can help.

Charlotte Burton-Bell, Wellington
Collie
Buzzard

Airyfairy Inc.

« Reply #1 on: Tue 10 July, 2018 - 01:31 pm »

Italian Roma is probably what they mean
 A low acid tomato.

But the extra herbs would not go amiss

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length